B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old May 11th 08, 22:49   #101
hypatia
First One

Re: Dr Who - Season 30 (4)

I"m just amazed the Sci-Fi channel is willing to pay for it so soon after its original airing. I assume it costs them more. And I believe last time I was at the scifi.com site it stated that Who's rating ws 1.0

Is that particularly good for the Sci-Fi channel? I honestly don't know, but some of us are screwed if they decide to drop it.

Still, thanks for letting me know. I believe we are also only a little bit behind on the airing of the Sarah Jane Adventures too, then? I have not yet seen both of them (they play two half-hour episodes as a lead-in to Who) but I caught the cliffhanger ending of the second episode: Sarah Jane's young neighbor friend has been thrown back in time, and meets Sarah Jane as a teenager, walking along with her friend that supposedly died in an accident involving Sarah Jane Smith.
Old May 12th 08, 07:49   #102
Kribu
Administrator

Those episodes are pretty much towards the end of the first season of SJA, so yeah, not much behind - I think SJA season 1 was done showing in the UK last November or so, but season 2 is not even finished filming yet.
Old May 18th 08, 23:05   #103
Elenopa
First One

So, The Unicorn and the Wasp.

How many Agatha Christie titles did you spot?

You can get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you can with just a kind word - Marcus Cole

Always grab a chance and you won't be sorry for a might have been - Commander Ted Walker RN

T-shirts and gifts for Scout and Guide leaders
Official Babylon 5 quote gear from JMS
Elenopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th 08, 23:32   #104
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

I found myself enjoying the episode more than I expected.

I normally find costume dramas where everyone talks twee and proper and frightfully posh very mundane and tedious.

However this episode had a strong comedy undertone... and made a few good points.

Bees were mentioned again I notice... and Donna & The Doctor had to deny they were a couple again. Another two parter coming up in two weeks. We have to wait because of banal pappy poppy trash.

There's a special place in Hell for Eurovision... actually I think Eurovision IS the special place in Hell.

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th 08, 09:36   #105
GaribaldisHair
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
There's a special place in Hell for Eurovision... actually I think Eurovision IS the special place in Hell.
I think Dante reserved the 10th circle for it, didn't he.

Sadly, my wife is a big Eurovision fan (of the "so kitsch it's funny" variety) and, even more sadly, I have noted a few former Eurovision "classics" appearing on my iTunes library recently. That wouldn't be so bad without the knowledge that I had paid for the damn things!

Cake or death?
GaribaldisHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th 08, 10:40   #106
Chilli
High Treason Prevention Officer

Send a message via ICQ to Chilli Send a message via MSN to Chilli

"I've been to Belgium..."

By far my favourite of the season so far. Till now, most episodes have been mediocre for me - I love the 10/Donna team, but the plots have all been rather mundane.

I love Eurovision. Not because it's great music, and not even (only) because it's camp. But it's a great way for me to test my grasp of European politics, European society, and the music scene. It's like a sport - trying to figure out who will vote for whom, why. I've had some pretty nice runs in the past predicting who will vote for whom, why.

That being said ... Eurovision had better be extra-satisfying this year, as I was planning on getting to see the last episode of DW before the summer. Now, the last episode is sceduled on 5 July. On 5 July, I will literally be in a train on the transsiberian railway. And it'll be three weeks till I get to a place where it is at all possible that I'll get to a copy
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th 08, 15:11   #107
darth_librarian
Psi Cop

You will all be looking forward to Ireland's entry this year I trust...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7408351.stm

"There's no point debating anything online. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional "live audience" quickly conspire to create a "perfect storm" of perpetual bickering."
- Charlie Brooker
darth_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th 08, 22:36   #108
A_M_Swallow
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_librarian View Post
You will all be looking forward to Ireland's entry this year I trust...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7408351.stm
It got kicked out.
Old May 21st 08, 12:04   #109
darth_librarian
Psi Cop

Damn. Wanted it to win.

And RTD is hanging up his hat in favour of Steve Moffat. May get some convincing hetrosexual males now ;P.

Penelope Wilton indicated on Brakfast News this morning that she may be returning at the end of this season, which confirms a whole load of spoliers.

"There's no point debating anything online. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional "live audience" quickly conspire to create a "perfect storm" of perpetual bickering."
- Charlie Brooker
darth_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st 08, 20:23   #110
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

I'm pleased Moffat's succeeding RTD... I tipped him as heir apparent a while back. He's written some of the stronger one off episodes like "Blink".

And of course I have wild hopes that my personal dream TARDIS line up will come to fruition:

Sally Sparrow (could Moffatt have seeded that line at the end to leave things open for a possible return?)

and Jenny.

Now Tennant hinted he might pack up at the same time as RTD... but if you get those two in the Tardis... heck I'LL be No. 11!!!!!! I've got history, I played the Doctor in a college video once.

Oh and did anyone spot this little gem in the Sontaran story? Although I pre-empted the one in the first episode, I totally missed that bit!
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote