B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old May 11th 08, 14:39   #91
Garovorkin
Telepath

Re: Dr Who - Season 30 (4)

Saw the episode the Doctors Daughter, thought the episode was pretty good, Jenny was cool. Sontarans vs Daleks who wins this? I say the Daleks are going to have some problems against the Sontarans. maybe militarily they've met an enemy that doesn't fear death loves battle, has nasty military technology capability and can clone in huge numbers and is every bit as arrogant as they are, should be fun to watch. According to what I have been reading we may get that particular war.
Garovorkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th 08, 18:22   #92
A_M_Swallow
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
Which leaves me a major question about last nights episode - why couldn't Jenny regenerate? True, she did come back to life... but that was because of the terraforming gases she'd inhaled.

Did the gasses interrupt/circumvent the regeneration process.
Spoiler for Season 4 episode 6:

We do not know what happen there. Possibly Timelords have to be taught how to regenerate, with a backup system kicking in after a few hours.

The actress said she spent 4 months learning karate for the part. I suspect she believes that is is the start of a spinoff series.

Since people in the USA are 2 weeks behind it would be nice if everything was in spoiler boxes until they have had time to watch the episode.

To make spoiler boxes type
[ spoiler=Season x episode y ]
text
[ /spoiler ]

leaving out the spaces.
Old May 11th 08, 18:26   #93
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

That's cool I keep forgetting how to do that... itv would be nice if the spoiler code could be added as a button.

Theoretically some spoiler code in the lost and galactica threads would be nice (though I'm personally no bothered as I merrily blunder in there anyway)

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th 08, 18:33   #94
Elenopa
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garovorkin View Post
Timelords have 12 regeneration, David tenant is the 10th doctor , if they stick to this concept it means that there can only be two more doctors,
Twelve regenerations and thirteen lives, so three more doctors.

You can get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you can with just a kind word - Marcus Cole

Always grab a chance and you won't be sorry for a might have been - Commander Ted Walker RN

T-shirts and gifts for Scout and Guide leaders
Official Babylon 5 quote gear from JMS
Elenopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th 08, 18:48   #95
hypatia
First One

I did a brief glancing through, and caught one thing: the USA is two weeks or so behind your schedule ONLY if they get a certain channel. Those of us waiting on Sci-Fi channel have just seen the Oot planet episode, from your previous season. So even in the USA some are seeing the show a season ahead of others of us.

Just to let you know how complicated avoiding spoilers would be.

That's why I say it's pretty much up to us Sci-Fi viewers to avoid/skip/or quick-scan all posts.

About all I have to say after Friday's episode (the Oot one) is that I like the running joke they have established of people mistaking the Doctor and Donna for being husband and wife.

It kind of addresses (without saying anything) the unusual situation we have with a companion so close to him in age. Not that marriage can't happen between people of drastically different ages, it just usually doesn't, I guess.

And I like how they comically simultaneously try to correct people on that point, rathe uncomfortable.

They both can talk pretty fast, too, can't they? "Donna Doctor friend" started to sound like a bit of a rapid chant, there.
Old May 11th 08, 20:19   #96
Elenopa
First One

Sorry to nit-pick, but it's Ood.

You can get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you can with just a kind word - Marcus Cole

Always grab a chance and you won't be sorry for a might have been - Commander Ted Walker RN

T-shirts and gifts for Scout and Guide leaders
Official Babylon 5 quote gear from JMS
Elenopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th 08, 20:35   #97
hypatia
First One

Yea, t hat's right.

Sorry to nitpick, but that's not really nitpicking. That's a rather significant detail since it's both the name of the race and part of the title of the episode.

Thanks.
Old May 11th 08, 21:14   #98
Kribu
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypatia View Post
I did a brief glancing through, and caught one thing: the USA is two weeks or so behind your schedule ONLY if they get a certain channel. Those of us waiting on Sci-Fi channel have just seen the Oot planet episode, from your previous season. So even in the USA some are seeing the show a season ahead of others of us.
Hmm... the Ood planet episode with Donna was three episodes ago (as of yesterday). The current season, not the previous one. So if you had that on the Sci-Fi channel, then that means being 2-3 episodes behind.
Old May 11th 08, 21:25   #99
hypatia
First One

Really? Well, then we're closer to the original broadcast date than I realized. Yes, Friday's episode with Donna and the Doctor was the Ood planet episode (where we find out the Ood's translation devices were put in place of their exterior brains, humanity has enslaved the Ood, and the Oods' song was sung at the end of the episode.

We're seeing them closer to original airdates than I realized. Thanks for letting me kow.
Old May 11th 08, 22:31   #100
Kribu
Administrator

I think it started airing only about two weeks after the UK in the US this year, so yes, there's very little delay. But I think it's the first time the delay's been that short, so no wonder you expected to be further behind!