B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: Each Night I Dream Of Home
A -- Excellent 5 35.71%
B -- Good 8 57.14%
C -- Average 0 0%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 12th 07, 18:57   #11
RMcD
First One

Re: EpDis: Crusade: Each Night I Dream Of Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshN View Post
I watched the ep. yesterday and the only forced humor I can remember was the Gideon/Lochley banter:

"Never eat anything bigger than your head....." stuff.
That, and (paraphrasing) "Great. Our first major battle with the Drakh, and Sarah missed all the excitement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshN View Post
Dr. Chambers: You have enough to think about. Let me carry this one for you.
I think people only say things like this in the B5 universe.. Although it's not quite in the same league as Ivanova telling ISN "I need to decide where my heart belongs before the rest of me can follow"
RMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th 07, 03:02   #12
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcD View Post
That, and (paraphrasing) "Great. Our first major battle with the Drakh, and Sarah missed all the excitement."

I think people only say things like this in the B5 universe..
The humor in this episode didn't bother me at all. In fact, I was beginning to enjoy the Gideon/Lochley banter/flirting. IMHO, those two can carry it. Where the dialogue seems to fall flat, to me, is often when Dr. Chambers is talking to Dr. Franklin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcD View Post
Although it's not quite in the same league as Ivanova telling ISN "I need to decide where my heart belongs before the rest of me can follow"
Agreed.

What bothers me is when JMS seems to use way too many words, has the scene go on too long and beats a simple subject to death. For example (Don't remember which episode this was in.):

From memory:

Gideon: "Read my mind."

Matheson: "Sir! I wouldn't!"

Gideon: "Sorry! Sorry. It was just a figure of speech. I didn't mean it to be taken literally."

1. Would Gideon even say such a thing to Matheson? Unlikely. That would be a button-pusher that he'd likely avoid in Matheson's presence.

2. Assuming Gideon was tired and it just came out that way, wouldn't Matheson know it was just a figure of speech? He would. These guys have worked together for awhile, haven't they? At most, it should just have warrented an annoyed look (no words) shot from Matheson to Gideon, to which Gideon would have replied "Sorry, figure of speech."

There, 20 words replaced by 4 and a look. That's the kind of stuff that bothers me, because it drags on and on, and it seems out of place and unnatural.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."

Last edited by KoshN; June 16th 07 at 03:05.
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th 15, 17:51   #13
Lennier's Tears
Ambassador

Eh, it was alright.

I agree that there was a bit too much discussion on pushing the button and who was going to do it … that did give Dr. Franklin another opportunity to do his “As a doctor, I … “ speechifying. Such drama!

It IS nice to see Dr. Franklin again, although that thin moustache/goatee thing made me think he might be EVIL Dr. Franklin, like goateed evil Spock.

Well, I guess I’ve now seen all of Crusade …… Time to start over on B5.
Old July 25th 15, 16:26   #14
Springer
Ambassador

I've enjoyed reading your reviews of each episode as you've watched them, it's prompted me to watch a lot of episodes again. Have you watched Lost Tales and Legend of the Rangers yet? (On second thoughts, maybe don't bother with that last one!)
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th 15, 21:06   #15
Lennier's Tears
Ambassador

I have! I only recently watched Legend of the Rangers for the first time. I posted in the thread, here: http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=9932

I haven't recently re-watched Lost Tales, so I haven't posted in that thread yet. I bought that when it was new. My expectations had been a bit too high. I'm not sure I've ever re-watched it. I think I completely forgot about it in my recent re-watch also

I'm traveling right now and I brought with me the episodes of Crusade I hadn't yet watched as well as The Gathering and some of season 1, but not Lost Tales. It'll have to wait until I get home again