B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: Each Night I Dream Of Home
A -- Excellent 5 35.71%
B -- Good 8 57.14%
C -- Average 0 0%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 10th 07, 12:33   #1
vacantlook

EpDis: Crusade: Each Night I Dream Of Home

Lurker's Guide page for Each Night I Dream Of Home
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th 07, 12:40   #2
vacantlook

Re: EpDis: Crusade: Each Night I Dream Of Home

It was nice to see Dr Franklin again.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th 07, 23:07   #3
KoshN

'B' - Points off for missing a 59 kilometer long Drakh mothership and yet still blowing it up.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th 07, 02:50   #4
Mike G

I give it an A. Probably my favorite crusade episode.
Old June 11th 07, 11:39   #5
RMcD
First One

Neither great, nor bad, definitely not inspiring. My only real complaints are some bad dialogue and the fact that at this point the Drakh seem to have lost all of their mystery and menace, they just turn up every so often as token villains but never really pose much of a threat to the Excalibur (kind of like the raiders around this far into B5).
RMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th 07, 14:08   #6
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcD View Post
My only real complaints are some bad dialogue and the fact that at this point the Drakh seem to have lost all of their mystery and menace, they just turn up every so often as token villains but never really pose much of a threat to the Excalibur (kind of like the raiders around this far into B5).
This is one Crusade episode I have yet to see... but I would suggest to you that perhaps that was exactly the role they were intended to play... until the main arc kicked in. Alas we shall never know.

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th 07, 23:46   #7
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
This is one Crusade episode I have yet to see... but I would suggest to you that perhaps that was exactly the role they were intended to play... until the main arc kicked in. Alas we shall never know.
Never say never.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
Old June 11th 07, 23:57   #8
KoshN

Quote:
Neither great, nor bad, definitely not inspiring. My only real complaints are some bad dialogue and the fact that at this point the Drakh seem to have lost all of their mystery and menace, they just turn up every so often as token villains but never really pose much of a threat to the Excalibur (kind of like the raiders around this far into B5).
Did you get tired of all the dialogue dealing with who gets to shoulder the burden of sending Dr. Franklin's virus laden air to the plumber, and how Gideon may understand the plumber's reasoning someday if he's lucky?
Old June 12th 07, 10:29   #9
RMcD
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshN View Post
Did you get tired of all the dialogue dealing with who gets to shoulder the burden of sending Dr. Franklin's virus laden air to the plumber, and how Gideon may understand the plumber's reasoning someday if he's lucky?
No, I got tired of the forced humour.
RMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th 07, 14:33   #10
KoshN

Quote:
No, I got tired of the forced humour.
Oh, come on, the part about who gets to shoulder the burden of sending Dr. Franklin's virus laden air to the plumber, was beaten to death. I was saying "Enough already!" I watched the ep. yesterday and the only forced humor I can remember was the Gideon/Lochley banter:

"Never eat anything bigger than your head....." stuff. That wasn't nearly as bad as Franklin/Chambers stuff that took up what felt like half the episode once you figure in the long stares between them. Too melodramatic.

Dr. Franklin: When the time comes, I'll push the button that will mix the air between the other isobay and my own. I don't want you doing it.

Dr. Chambers: I'm perfectly capable.

Dr. Franklin: No, it's not that. I just don't want you to have it on your conscience.

Dr. Franklin: Alright David, this is how we're going to do this. Everything here has been scrubbed of all partiiculate matter and sterilized. The only thing left in here should be me and the virus, which I'm releasing every time I exhale. Now, in a moment, I'll open an air vent between your isobay and mine. The series of injections we gave you earlier will enable us to scan you on a molecular level. Now, everything has been accounted for in, on and around you, so the only thing that should show up on the scanners is the virus. We'll be able to get an image of it and track it every step of the way as it enters your system. Any questions?

David: No.

Dr. Franklin: Alright, let's get started.

Dr. Chambers: Stand by.

Computer: Warning. Malfunction. Warning. Malfunction.

Dr. Chambers: We seem to have a problem.

Dr. Chambers: Your console isn't activating the air vent.

Dr. Franklin: Well then we're just going to have to....

Dr. Chambers: No, it's OK. I'll do it.

Dr. Franklin: Doctor.

Dr. Chambers: You have enough to think about. Let me carry this one for you.

Dr. Franklin: And, uh, thanks.

Dr. Chambers: <nods back>