• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

USA dropping Sci Fi

DSigal

I've heard that the USA Network is considering or already planning to drop Sci Fi, I imagine this would not be good for a possible Rangers series, and could even be an explanation for why Sci Fi hasn't picked it up as a series yet. In my opinion this would be cruel and tragic, giving us once again a taste of the B5 universe only to take it away again. I was wondering if anyone was heard anything regarding this, and if so, what we should to do make sure this doesn't happen?

------------------
"We have had, continue to have and always will have wars and grief and struggle...we will climb high and fall down...but each time we will climb a little higher"-JMS

It's not true. The president of USA recently quit his job, and they aren't planning to replace him. That's all.

And do you really think SciFi would commission two more seasons of Farscape knowing that their channel might be in the can?

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

The rumor seems to be on the moderated group's website, too.

I hope it is just a rumor.

[This message has been edited by hypatia (edited November 04, 2001).]

Take everything you hear with a grain of salt until you hear it from the horse's mouth.

I agree - knowing that their channel was even in danger, Sci-Fi wouldn't have commissioned two new seasons of Farscape.

------------------
In our sleep, pain which cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, until, in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom through the grace of God.
-Aeschylus

I heard this at Syfy Portal, and I'm well aware that it's only a rumor. In fact, I pray that it is only a rumor. Good to hear about farscape though. Although I know they cancelled Invisible man and one other show. Let's just keep Sci Fi's well being in our thoughts and prayers.

------------------
"We have had, continue to have and always will have wars and grief and struggle...we will climb high and fall down...but each time we will climb a little higher"-JMS

This is news to me. I hadn't heard anything about this till now.

------------------
The Whitestar Salad Bar, our last best hope for peace, and a good meal too!

I really hope this is just a rumor, because that's about the only channel I watch now.
shocked.gif

------------------
"An empty eye sees through to an empty heart." --G'Kar-- "The Long Night"

"I found no love at the antique market, just hopeless couples muttering about the family unit, the family unit, the family- shut up." --Bruce McCulloch-- "The Kids in the Hall"

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." --G'Kar-- "Hour of the Wolf"

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes." --Juvenal, Satires, VI, 347

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." --Zhuge Liang, 3rd century C.E.

ehhhh.....trust no one...when channel 44 goes black I'll believe you.

------------------
"Tho' much is taken,much abides; and tho' we are not that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
-- Alfred Lord Tennyson
A poem left by Jeff Sinclair for John Sheridan

How can I turn away
Brother/Sister go dancing
Through my head
Human as to human
The future is no place
To place your better days
--Dave Mathews Band "Cry freedom"

Even if USA were not affiliated with Sci-Fi anymore. Wouldn't you think it would be popular enough to be sustainable on it's own? I think it's become it's own entity after all these years, don't you?

Rommie

------------------
Keeper of Rommie's Quarters
Commanding Officer of Zeta Squadron
Sworn to Protect the GODDESS
Recipient of the Golden Rommie
"Harper is sweet, but he believes pretty much anything I tell him. Oh I'm sorry, I may have a brain the size of a planet, but I can't tell the difference between one pretty rock and another."

You forgot to add the 'puple monkey dishwasher' part.

------------------
"This so-called new religion is nothing but a pack of weird rituals and chants designed to take away the money of fools. Let us say the Lord's Prayer forty times, but first, let's pass the collection plate."-Rev. Lovejoy in The Joy of Sect

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back