• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!

ElScorcho

Regular
I DON'T USUALLY SHOUT, BUT PLEASE STOP THE "SECURITY WARNING" POPUP THAT WANTS ME TO DOWNLOAD THE FLASH PLAYER 6 EVERY TIME I FLIP THE PAGES!

me too!! well actually the message i get is

"your security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly"

- what do i need to do to my security settings - PLEASE, intructions!

thanx /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

ElScorcho, I'm afraid I have no control over people without outdated software, or Flash's insistance that you upgrade. That's between you and them.

LightNZ, if you go to tools, internet options, then security... set it to something like medium (the IE default).

Right, I've done something else. Even though I set the Flash to v5, the code is asking for v6 (obviously to push Macromedia's upgrade on people). So I've set the code to say that v5 is A-OK.

So see how it is now.

When I DO post from work, say, on lunch or something, I constantly get the Flash thing. What about those of us who CAN'T download Flash because of company policy? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gah! Do you want me to be a good moderator (i.e., HERE) or not? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

j/k

Now I'm seeing the banner, AND pressing no every single time...

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Tell your company to let you use Flash! It's safe, it's not like it's ActiveX or anything!

But you should be able to set, in your security settings, to disallow the content.

my settings were already set to medium /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

but it works fine now (since you changed that flash version thing) - yay

Thank you, Anthony. No more popups. You rule.

BTW - If no one informed you, Matt Damon will be hosting SNL this week.

It still happens on the main page though /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

i'm glad the forums are fine lol

Yeah, I need to fix the main page LightNZ.

Thanks Elscorcho. I have heard this, and I hope I can download a copy as it's not shown here. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back