• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

I Wonder If JMS Would Consider Continuing The Crusade Storyline In Animated Movie Form.

KoshN

Super Moderator
It's probably less time intensive for the actors and would probably cost less than a live action movie or TV show (which would please the skinflints at Warners.).

If anybody has contact with JMS, (Jan?) please ask him. I don't have a method of contact with JMS, anymore. The only ~social media~ that I'm on, is YouTube.

It's probably less time intensive for the actors and would probably cost less than a live action movie or TV show (which would please the skinflints at Warners.).

If anybody has contact with JMS, (Jan?) please ask him. I don't have a method of contact with JMS, anymore. The only ~social media~ that I'm on, is YouTube.

This is what he said about it as recently as May:
Crusade.JPG

He also made it clear the other night that he'd much rather write new stories than do the trilogies in animated form.

JMS gets asked this a lot, this is one tweet I found where he responds to those questions about Crusade. I understand his point of view – to WB, and the general audience, it is very niche.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Jan
As a bit of trivia, the Amazon Prime Video version of TRH includes all-of-one Trivia entry, and that basically says something along the lines of: For Legal Reasons, TRH could not touch upon anything to do with Crusade.

JMS gets asked this a lot, this is one tweet I found where he responds to those questions about Crusade. I understand his point of view – to WB, and the general audience, it is very niche.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Warner Brothers will sit on Crusade for the rest of time, at least partially out of spite and not wanting to admit a mistake (TNT-Atlanta's meddling with and cancellation of Crusade) or not seeing the cancellation AS a mistake.

So, Babylon 5 gets a redo, maybe, sort of, despite a lot of the actors having passed beyond the rim and in animated form because of that, and Crusade will get nada, zip, zilch in any form, despite all of its main actors (no Tim Choate, Richard Biggs or Edward Woodward) still being alive. smh

They'd rather retell a story that's already been told, and quite satisfactorily I might add, instead of finishing a story that's been partially told and cut off without resolution.

Well, I'm watching fewer and fewer hours of TV with each passing season, down to 4½ hours per week for the 2022-2023 season, but have 258 unread books on my Kindle (zero Babylon 5 books or short stories available there.), so I have plenty to keep me busy.

Edit: typo fix, vof → of.

Last edited:
Warner Brothers will sit on Crusade for the rest of time, at least partially out of spite and not wanting to admit a mistake (TNT-Atlanta's meddling with and cancellation of Crusade) or not seeing the cancellation AS a mistake.

So, Babylon 5 gets a redo, maybe, sort of, despite a lot of the actors having passed beyond the rim and in animated form because of that, and Crusade will get nada, zip, zilch in any form, despite all of its main actors (no Tim Choate, Richard Biggs or Edward Woodward) still being alive. smh

They'd rather retell a story that's already been told, and quite satisfactorily I might add, instead of finishing a story that's been partially told and cut off without resolution.

Well, I'm watching fewer and fewer hours of TV with each passing season, down to 4½ hours per week for the 2022-2023 season, but have 258 unread books on my Kindle (zero Babylon 5 books or short stories available there.), so I have plenty to keep me busy.

Edit: typo fix, vof → of.
It seems entertainment has gotten so expensive that no one wants to take a chance on anything really new. We’ll have to take what comes, I hope the sales are good neigh on the animated feature to merit more consideration.

Except that JMS has made it quite clear many times that he's not going to retell the story. And it's obvious that the animated movies (should there be more) are taking a different direction, too.

The sad reality is that the minute Crusade was cancelled months before airing, it was dead beyond recall simply because no studio's going to pay to revive it.

So what you're saying is, it'll soon be easier to build actual spaceships than to make movies about them?

So what you're saying is, it'll soon be easier to build actual spaceships than to make movies about them?
Well, there's a big difference between a probe that is sent out and a manned mission where you send a crew out and bring them back safely.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back