• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Can't find To Dream in the City of Sorrows anywhere!!!

Can\'t find To Dream in the City of Sorrows anywhere!!!

I have tried just about every online out of print book shop, local book store, and message board. I've contacted the publisher & been on a waiting list with Amazon.com forever.

Each time I read a post where someone says they just got it (new or used) when I try to order it, I always get a response that it is out of stock & they can't get it for me. Now I read here where someone just got it.

My question is, WHERE are you guys getting the book??? I missed the whole BSquared episode the first time around & just learned that Sinclair is who he is during the Sci Fi channel re-runs. Now, I want to read the book.

If anyone has one or knows where I can get one I will greatly appreciate it.

------------------

Re: Can\'t find To Dream in the City of Sorrows anywhere!!!

Have you tried Engale Marketing (Star Trader)? They're British, and they're good (I got Dining on Babylon 5 through them). They have To Dream on their catalogue, and in my experience they're pretty good at listing what is available unlike many places). Good luck! http://new.startrader.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

------------------

Thanks for the link. I just went and ordered the book!!
smile.gif

One thing, someone mentioned ABEbooks.com on this board and I was also given that address by a local out of print book store. When I went to their site, they had a set of the first 9 books listed. But, the price was $95. Way too much for me to plunk down. Anyway, I called "That's a Wrap" directly and left a message asking if they had the book. I just checked my email & the guy responded.

Yeah, he had it, but for $15 used. And, the original owner had written in it. Geeze, the book only cost $5.50 new. What a racket.
Glad you posted that link because I was able to order it for $5.50.

Anyway, I suspect it'll be here sometime this week. I know what I plan on reading this weekend!
smile.gif

Hey, what about the comics that tell the rest of the story of Valen? I read on the Lurker's page that there are 3. I've also read that there's some conflicting info about whether he had children. Like on the show it says no, but somewhere in print it talks about them having to flee Mimbar. I'd like to read that as well. Want to get all up to speed before LOTR airs.

Also, there's a book where Ivannova is brought into the future by Marcus after he's thawed out. Anyone know which one that is so I can start searching???

------------------

Well - happy reading. As it happens, To Dream is the only B5 book I have, and I loved it!
I also have the Marcus and Ivanova story (and a couple of others) - personally I think JMS's brain was melting when he wrote it, but that's just me, and don't let that stop you from reading it. The rest are all highly enjoyable (and you may enjoy the I&M one too). I could send them to you, but it's probably easier to just give you the link to the place I downloaded them from... http://babyon5story.homestead.com/index.html

------------------

I should also say that I don't know the name of the owner of the site or how I found it, as it's been on my bookmark list for a while, but full credit goes to whoever put the trouble in to give us access to these stories. I thank them.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KiraNarise:
Also, there's a book where Ivannova is brought into the future by Marcus after he's thawed out. Anyone know which one that is so I can start searching???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not a book - it's a short story by JMS, in an issue of "Amazing Stories" from last summer. I don't know how easy it would be to find a copy of it.

les

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back