B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old April 4th 07, 16:43   #11
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

Re: Movie and seasons order

Well, I was gonna wait for the experts to chime in, but I was procrastinating and did those lists off the top of my head.

And I personally skip "The Illusion of Truth" because it bugs me, but that's me.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th 07, 03:13   #12
Terrible Tim
Lurker

This answer was a little more involved than what I orginally thought. (I am still a little confused)

In the past, I have watched my brother's S1 to S4 and 3 of the movies. I have just bought the B5 Complete Universe off eBay and thats why I wanted to know the order to watch them. I will be rewatching the whole collection.

Thanks for everyones input.

TT.
Terrible Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th 07, 10:44   #13
raw_bean
Commander

Not to blow my own trumpet, but I think my order (or VacantLook's) is the simplest. It also has the advantage of being the order they were made (bar my own sliding up of Legend of the Rangers) making it the easiest way to avoid spoiling episodes or lessening their impact.

Complicating things slightly (you could ignore this Terrible Tim) last time through with someone I was introducing to the series I thought it a good idea to go even further with 'order they were made' and put The Deconstruction of Falling Stars as the beginning of S5 (as it of course was, really.)

-- So, production order (exempting Sleeping In Light) to start with:

The Gathering (pilot)

Season 1-3

Season 4 up to Rising Star

Thirdspace and In the Beginning (made after Season 4)

Deconstruction of Falling Stars (esseintially the first ep of Season 5)

Season 5

-- Then stuff made after Season 5 in chronological order:

River of Souls & Legend of the Rangers (as far as my friend and I have got so far)

A Call to Arms and Crusade
raw_bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th 07, 06:57   #14
Babylon5fan07
Ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to Babylon5fan07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible Tim View Post
Hello, this is my first post and I could not find this tread any where.

Where do the movies sit in relationship to the seasons? What order should they be watched?

Thanks,
TT.
I'm sure you have been given plenty of recommendations but I truely believe that you have to start with In The Beginning, The Gathering, Seasons 1-3, watch the first 8 episodes of season 4, Thirdspace, rest of season 4, Watch all of season 5 up to Objects at Rest, then finish the series with River of Souls, The Legend of the Rangers, Sleeping In Light and then the crossover to the Crusade series watch A Call To Arms. My recommendation extends to going to midwinter.com/lurk/countries/master/eplist.html oviously one of the best websites for B5. Again it's up to you but that's what I'm suggesting. That's my opinion anyways.

Alex
Babylon5fan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th 07, 03:53   #15
RW7427

I usually watch whatever I feel like watching in whatever order that I want, (or even in no order for that matter!).
Old April 13th 07, 04:48   #16
Babylon5fan07
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW7427 View Post
I usually watch whatever I feel like watching in whatever order that I want, (or even in no order for that matter!).
There may be times I may want to watch a specific episode for a project I'm working on or for reference but for me I completely get the full B5 effect by watching them in order. That's what's soo wonderful about the B5 universe I find B5 people to be very very nice and that all the episodes can be watched on how each one determines.

BTW--sorry Koshfan I didn't mean to post on the top thread on NEWS ONLY but I really need to know what's going on with Mira Furlan and what her thoughts are on B5 still. TLT is supposed to be 10 years after season 5 then Sheridan and Deleen are married and I would like to see Deleen back. I know I didn't have news but I didn't think to ask the question in another thread.

thanks guys
Alex
Old April 13th 07, 05:17   #17
vacantlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon5fan07
...but I really need to know what's going on with Mira Furlan and what her thoughts are on B5 still. TLT is supposed to be 10 years after season 5....
Well, Mira's not playing a main character on Lost, so I would imagine her schedule isn't too full up to prevent something being worked out for TLT.

As for the timeline of the story and TLT, the first disc is set in time as you say, but I don't think that means that every volume of TLT will be. We could see a large variety of stories in the TLT project, for which I'm excited. It feels like there's a lot of possibilities for jms to explore.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th 07, 05:35   #18
Babylon5fan07
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacantlook View Post
Well, Mira's not playing a main character on Lost, so I would imagine her schedule isn't too full up to prevent something being worked out for TLT.

As for the timeline of the story and TLT, the first disc is set in time as you say, but I don't think that means that every volume of TLT will be. We could see a large variety of stories in the TLT project, for which I'm excited. It feels like there's a lot of possibilities for jms to explore.
I know that I saw on imdb that Mira is in production for a new movie coming out called Apology slated for release this year according to imdb.com but I really really miss her. As much as we all love Londo, Sheridan, G'Kar, etc. I really loved Deleen the most. The whole transformation process from The Gathering up to how we know her as now during the 5 seasons just always gives me goose bumps. And I think that's why I had to include her in my avatar with Sheridan. This may sound silly but I'm getting emotional just thinking about it.

Alex
"The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace..It Failed...In the year of the shadow war it became something greater...Our last best hope for victory..the year is 2260..the place Babylon 5"--Lt. Commander Susan Ivanova (opening title narration from Babylon 5)

"Oh, boy, is this Great!"--Stephen Furst as Dorfman (Flounder) from Animal House
"Faith....Manages--"Delenn and Lennier from B5
V "For Victory. Go and tell your friends"--Abraham Bernstein from V
Old April 13th 07, 05:47   #19
vacantlook

I hope it doesn't come across as me being too nitpicky, but it's Delenn, not Deleen.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th 07, 06:13   #20
Babylon5fan07
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacantlook View Post
I hope it doesn't come across as me being too nitpicky, but it's Delenn, not Deleen.
I don't know where my head is..I guess with all the excitement of finding two B5 message boards last night I just seem to forget how to spell. Thank You vacantlook..sometimes I get excited and forget to slow down. Don't worry your not nitpicky..I'm still getting into the groove of things..I've been out of the B5 loop for a year or so and trying to get back into the thick of things (just been too busy)
"The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace..It Failed...In the year of the shadow war it became something greater...Our last best hope for victory..the year is 2260..the place Babylon 5"--Lt. Commander Susan Ivanova (opening title narration from Babylon 5)

"Oh, boy, is this Great!"--Stephen Furst as Dorfman (Flounder) from Animal House
"Faith....Manages--"Delenn and Lennier from B5
V "For Victory. Go and tell your friends"--Abraham Bernstein from V