B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: And All My Dreams, Torn Asunder
A -- Excellent 9 75.00%
B -- Good 3 25.00%
C -- Average 0 0%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 13th 07, 11:53   #1
vacantlook

EpDis: And All My Dreams, Torn Asunder

Refresher Links:
Lurker's Guide Main Page for And All My Dreams, Torn Asunder
Lurker's Guide Extended Synopsis for And All My Dreams, Torn Asunder
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th 07, 13:34   #2
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: EpDis: And All My Dreams, Torn Asunder

The episode title says it all and the episode itself doesn't disappoint. The highlight is the ongoing relationship between Londo and G'Kar but Sheridan's tirade when he finally has enough of the Alliance members runs a close second.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th 11, 22:57   #3
Estelyn
Commander

The title is great - sounds like a quote, but I couldn't find a source for it.

This episode feels very uncomfortable - I find myslf squirming, wishing there were a way to stop the inevitable. I also find myself hating Garibaldi for failing, and wishing that the others would finally recognize what's going on with him and stop him. He tells them they can rely on him, and they believe it - and hundreds die as a result.

We've been seeing the same Centauri minister as a spokesperson without really finding anything out about him. I assume he is controlled by a Watcher, but what function does he have that he can override all others, including his supposed superiors such as the Prime Minister, even the Regent?

Who wouldn't sympathize with Sheridan when he explodes into the fighting at the Council meeting?! Great tension release...

Londo may be the upcoming Emperor, but that doesn't stop him from joining G'Kar in prison when he insists that they stay together. So just what is the worth of being designated Emperor?!
Old May 9th 15, 00:11   #4
Lennier's Tears
Ambassador

Poor little thread!

I agree with Estelyn, that this episode is uncomfortable to watch. I am uncomfortable with drunk Garibaldi in other episodes, especially when things start going horribly wrong all around him. This one is the worst. How is he ever going to deal with that guilt? I also agree with the author on the Lurker's Guide page for this episode: Why is Garibaldi the only contact?

It's interesting that Londo talks to Vir as though he's quite sure the Centauri Republic is NOT behind the attacks, and that that will all become clear soon enough. But, as G'Kar says in this episode, we all saw the weird stuff going on at the Royal Court. He must suspect that it is indeed his own government behind all of this. Is he just trying to spare Vir?

EDIT: I forgot to say, I really like that scene of Londo and G'Kar looking up at the sky, watching the warships overhead. It seems a deliberate reference to that scene with the Shadow ships from Londo's dream in "The Coming of Shadows", and then in Londo's reality in "The Hour of the Wolf", only now G'Kar is there with him!

Last edited by Lennier's Tears; May 9th 15 at 02:32.
Lennier's Tears is offline   Reply With Quote