B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old July 6th 07, 20:31   #51
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: Changeling News

^^ No idea. But I'll be there to find out so I'll report back as soon as I can.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th 07, 20:52   #52
Joseph DeMartino

For those of you suffering from deja vu all over again, the information Marcelo posted is new to this thread, but actually went up on Usenet back on June 15th and I'm pretty sure it has been posted elsewhere on this site.

As far as I know nothing solid has leaked out concerning his other ComicCon announcements, but we're only a couple of weeks away so we'll know soon enough.

Regards,

Joe
Joseph DeMartino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th 07, 00:09   #53
vacantlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan
...I'll report back as soon as I can.
I think now would be a good time to extend an official pre-con thank you for said reporting-to-come.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th 07, 00:15   #54
Jan
Psi Cop

You're quite welcome. As yet we don't know JMS's full schedule for Comic-Con but I generally make sure I attend everything except all the signings he does.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Old July 15th 07, 03:40   #55
StarStuff
First One

I just read on another site that "Angleina Jolie is busy at work filming a new movie in Prague."
Old July 15th 07, 11:26   #56
Jan
Psi Cop

I think I read that she's doing this film in Prague, then 'Changeling' and then taking a year off to spend time with her family.

JMS's schedule is available now. The Lost Tales panel (with Doug Netter, Bruce, Tracy and Peter W.) is on Friday and his spotlight is on Saturday.

Jan
Old September 5th 07, 14:40   #57
Belbo
Ranger

A few interesting tidbits from a Clint interview by EW recently

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2007...h-ago-pop.html

Quote:
You're at work on The Changeling?
Yes. I'm preparing that right now, and we're starting that let's see, we're almost in September. When we get to September, it'd be the next month, in October.

What's the movie about?
It's all based around a woman her kid is missing, and when they bring the kid back, it's not HER kid. (laughs) And they sort of do a Gaslight-type thing on it. You remember Gaslight?

Ingrid Bergman. Great movie.
Ingrid Bergman at her loveliest. George Cukor, I believe, directed it. And it was Angela Lansbury at 18. And Charles Boyer. I remember liking it too. I always like those things where somebody screws with somebody's brain. And that's kind of what they do here. [It's about] how she works her way out of it. It's a very good script, and it's a terrific role for a woman. Angelina Jolie is gonna play her. She's actually been interested in the project for a long time, and then she came aboard. The rest of the casting is in process. I'm starting on it now and probably gonna cast it in the next week or two.
Ingrid Bergman? Interesting. One to watch out for on the TCM channel, I guess ....
Belbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th 07, 21:58   #58
A_M_Swallow
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belbo View Post

Ingrid Bergman? Interesting. One to watch out for on the TCM channel, I guess ....
With Angelina Jolie in it they are going to want to run the film in the theatres as a blockbuster. JMS is moving up in the world.
Old September 6th 07, 00:24   #59
hypatia
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belbo View Post

It's considered a real movie classic, yes. And she's brilliant in it, as well as her husband (played by Charles Boyer). Nice cast, actually. And yes, a spooky kind of film. Do check it out when you can.
Old September 6th 07, 23:06   #60
Recoil
First One

Looks like JMS is up to his old tricks writing in strong women...given Clints comments about how its a very good role for a woman.