B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: Conflicts Of Interest
A -- Excellent 11 44.00%
B -- Good 9 36.00%
C -- Average 2 8.00%
D -- Poor 1 4.00%
F -- Failure 2 8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 19th 06, 22:06   #1
vacantlook

EpDis: Intersections In Real Time

Refresher Links:
Lurker's Guide Main Page for Intersections In Real Time
Lurker's Guide Extended Synopsis for Intersections In Real Time
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th 06, 03:40   #2
crazyhorse
Anarchist

Re: EpDis: Intersections In Real Time

I loved this one.Very dark and very hard,especially the torture techniques.Markas giving his life for Ivanova,very believable,probably the most intense show of love of the series.Good bit of action thrown in too.Londo,my favourite character,gets the fate he allways dreaded.Loved it.
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th 06, 10:00   #3
GaribaldisHair
First One

Always been one of my favourite episodes. Just a pity that having to change the actor who played the interrogator at the last minute scuppered JMS' plan to actually film each sequence in real-time with no cuts.

Probably wouldn't have added anything to the thrust of the ep, but would have been cool to see an ep of B5 effectively performed as a 4-act mini-play.
GaribaldisHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st 06, 00:33   #4
B5_Obsessed
First One

Quote:
I loved this one.Very dark and very hard,especially the torture techniques.Markas giving his life for Ivanova,very believable,probably the most intense show of love of the series.Good bit of action thrown in too.Londo,my favourite character,gets the fate he allways dreaded.Loved it.
The Marcus event doesn't happen until " Endgame" and as for Londo getting his fate? I don't know. Fall of Centauri Prime? War Without End Part II? This episode is solely Sheridan's interrogation.

I give this one a "good" rating, since the Picard interrogation two-parter on ST:TNG so closely parallels it (and was first).

Favorite Line:

"I see you've been interrogated before. Anyone I know?"
"You'd be surprised."
B5_Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st 06, 01:25   #5
crazyhorse
Anarchist

Quote:
Quote:
The Marcus event doesn't happen until " Endgame" and as for Londo getting his fate? I don't know. Fall of Centauri Prime? War Without End Part II? This episode is solely Sheridan's interrogation.

I give this one a "good" rating, since the Picard interrogation two-parter on ST:TNG so closely parallels it (and was first).

Favorite Line:

"I see you've been interrogated before. Anyone I know?"
"You'd be surprised."
I realise what I've done now,as I looked at the synopsis to refresh my memory I've clicked onto the next page not realising it was the next episode and jumbled everything up.Thought it seemed a bit of a packed episode
Next time I'll watch the episode again instead of just trying to do it the easy way
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd 08, 07:09   #6
maneth
Ambassador

My least favorite episode of the whole 5 season story arc along with Here Comes The Inquisitor. I hated those closed room sequences. It may be necessary for a first viewing, but after that I skip it unless I'm watching with someone who's never seen the show before. Oddly enough I liked the episode where Sinclair was held by Knights one and two in a neural net, though.
Old February 2nd 08, 07:58   #7
Telepath
Ranger

I rather liked Comes the Inquisitor, because of the great acting on the side of Wayne Alexander, the intensity of the situation, and the topics discussed (definition by way of references, the Vorlons ARE, etc.). Intersections was far weaker. I think it would have worked well as a bleak cliffhanger for season 5, but as it stands now, it's quite mediocre.
Telepath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd 08, 14:36   #8
maneth
Ambassador

Indeed. I think it would have been enough with half an episode of this, and then the rescue by Garibaldi, Franklin and the Mars Rebels.
Old February 11th 08, 01:12   #9
Elipsis
Commander

I gave it a B. It's certainly not exciting but it's not supposed to be.

It's an evil little episode... incredibly frustrating to watch (as intended), and that sense of "not wanting to sit through it" imo means that the episode did a good job. Sheridan didn't want to sit through it either.
Elipsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th 08, 04:19   #10
maneth
Ambassador

That's true of course, but I still think it's a weak episode when compared to the rest of the second half of season 4.