B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a regular (weekly?) chat at some future-defined location?
A -- Excellent 21 75.00%
B -- Good 7 25.00%
C -- Average 0 0%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 2nd 06, 01:53   #1
vacantlook

EpDis: Falling Toward Apotheosis

Refresher Links:
Lurker's Guide Main Page for Falling Toward Apotheosis
Lurker's Guide Extended Synopsis for Falling Toward Apotheosis
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd 06, 15:13   #2
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

Re: EpDis: Falling Toward Apotheosis

Vorlon vs. Vorlon. How can this be bad?
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd 06, 18:38   #3
Elric
Ambassador

Quote:
LOL.

I really enjoyed this episode. It has the usual good mixture of drama and action. The Vorlon battle was great, and it was interesting to finally see what they really looked like. We also see how powerful they really are - requiring a small army, AND a First One to destroy it! My only slight critisism is that the place where Ulkesh was electrified was marked in a "this is a trap" kind of way, he must have been pretty dumb to fall for that old trick (my memory of it is a little vague so it might not be quite as bad as I remember)

It was also intersting to see how G'Kar finally lost his eye. Another thread, neatly tied up
Elric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd 06, 18:44   #4
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
Quote:
LOL.

I really enjoyed this episode. It has the usual good mixture of drama and action. The Vorlon battle was great, and it was interesting to finally see what they really looked like. We also see how powerful they really are - requiring a small army, AND a First One to destroy it! My only slight critisism is that the place where Ulkesh was electrified was marked in a "this is a trap" kind of way, he must have been pretty dumb to fall for that old trick (my memory of it is a little vague so it might not be quite as bad as I remember)

I chalked that up to Ulkesh's arrogance. He didn't fear a trap, because he "knew" the humans were no threat to him.
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th 06, 14:26   #5
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

And that particular trap was indeed no threat to him. Sure, it busted up his encounter suit, but that didn't really affect his strength.
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th 06, 23:11   #6
Wasted
Lurker

One of my favorite episodes! The Vorlon battle was truly something special. When watching this episode during the first run my eyes went wide and my jaw dropped when I saw the Vorlon's true form emerge and do battle. Epic stuff.

My only nit-pick is that the Lyta actress could have done a much better job of ACTing while pulling off her deception of Ulkesh. Not slick at all But I love her anyway.

-----------------
Old account 'Khurzhor' seems to be deleted, so I made a new one. Amazing to see so many of the same people lurking these forums after so much time Cheers.
Wasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th 06, 23:51   #7
PillowRock
Psi Cop

Quote:
My only nit-pick is that the Lyta actress could have done a much better job of ACTing while pulling off her deception of Ulkesh. Not slick at all But I love her anyway.
Ah, but is that Pat Tallman doing a poor job of playing Lyta, of Tallman doing a good job of playing Lyta as a bad actor.
PillowRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th 06, 00:08   #8
vacantlook

Quote:
Tallman doing a good job of playing Lyta as a bad actor.
That's how I've always seen the scene. Lyta's already had her ass knocked flat by Ulkesh at least once that we've seen. He's also made it well known to her that he doesn't give a crap about her; she's only there to service him and that's it, as far as he's concerned. She's been abused by him, so it would make total sense for me that she'd be scared out of her wits about having to deceive him into this ambush. And that fear would definitely make it more difficult for her to be deceptive. And I think that that's what we see from her in that scene: Lyta -- the character -- so scared that she -- the character -- can't pull off deception well.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th 06, 01:47   #9
GKarsEye
First One

Normally I might agree but Tallman so often delivered subpar performances (at least up until Byron's death) that I'm inclined to believe that this is just yet another one.
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th 06, 14:01   #10
Elric
Ambassador

For the most part, I always like Tallmans performances and she was infinately better than Andrea Thompson IMO.

The only time she did a poor job was the episode on Mars when they are freeing Garibaldi. She goes on a bit being a good liar etc. I felt embarrased watching that, it was pretty terrible, but I guess part of that was probably the writing as well (sorry JMS).

Back on the topic though, I agree that Ulkesh was so arragant that he didn't consider the humans a threat. I never really thought about it that way before, so thanks for pointing it out.
Elric is offline   Reply With Quote