B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old June 11th 01, 19:17   #21
SamGadsby
First One

Re: Ranger pin

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Raider:
[B]Check this site out and contact its moderator for information. The Ranger pin is an exact replica of the ones seen in the programmes. It costs $78-00.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, it costs $78 to 00, that means they can be free.

------------------
"Gideon says we all have things to hide."
"Does he? How unfortunate, I was hoping he'd come further than that. Well not that it isn't true of course, it's just that one simply doesn't have to say it."

"I was just trying to work out whether a comment from me right now would be most wanted or least needed."
SamGadsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th 01, 21:47   #22
**DONOTDELETE**

Post deleted by AntonyF

Old June 11th 01, 22:31   #23
bakana
Dead Account

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> all I have is an American Express but not many places take it for some reason. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The reason is simple enough. Credit card companies make a large part of their profit by charging a Comission on each sale. American Express charges a Higher commission than VISA or Mastercard. So, it cost the merchant more. A lot of merchants, particularly Online merchants, figure that anyone with Mastercard probably also has one of the Other cards, so they don't bother to accept American Excess.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?
bakana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th 01, 02:10   #24
Babylon-ocholic
Dead Account

I can say... GIVE ME ONE!!!
It's not very well to do if I don't get my pin!

------------------
"Zathras trained in crisis manegment!"
Babylon-ocholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th 01, 04:15   #25
Teekas Dragon
First One

Quick question guys. Since they are about to release a new movie and possibly a series about the rangers, then do you think that JMS might re-release the ranger pin??? You know make it a little easier for ppl to find a get a hold of one since all the online dealers dealing in the real ones have sold out and have been sold out for quite some time now. If anyone hears of where a real one can be found online then please share the wealth. Gracias.

------------------
Teekas Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th 01, 05:15   #26
bakana
Dead Account

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Since they are about to release a new movie and possibly a series about the rangers, then do you think that JMS might re-release the ranger pin??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd bet on it. JMS doesn't really Like the endless merchandising and money grubbing indulged in by The Franchise, but he Does think the Fans deserve a few toys. He's a fan himself, after all. he understands.

Plus, JMS hates the Rip Off artists who are preying on us right now. He'll try to do whatever it takes to cut them off at the knees. Including making the Badges available. I'm hoping for a revival of TheStation.com since it included an emporium where such things could be purchased with a guarantee they were Honestly produced.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Old June 17th 01, 05:27   #27
bakana
Dead Account

This was originally posted on Genie, right after the episode first aired.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>

By C. Dickenson <From "There All The Honor Lies">

Mine eyes have seen the glory
Of the Spacing of the Bear.
'Tis a message to the infidels in marketing, "Beware!
We will not allow our dignity
To vanish in thin air

As Earth Dome watches on."

We will Never buy the Home Game!
We will Not collect the whole set!
We will Never save the box Tops!

As Earth Dome Watches On!"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.

[This message has been edited by bakana (edited June 17, 2001).]
Old April 22nd 11, 06:23   #28
Eris
Lurker

Sorry to dredge up an old topic, but I would love to have an official (glass) version of the pin if one is still available anywhere. The links in this thread have since been deleted. Thanks!
Eris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd 11, 17:25   #29
Jan
Psi Cop

Probably the most official ranger pin was the one offered by the B5 Fan Club. The 'jewel' wasn't glass, though - more of a blue/green enamel. They're hard to find but you might try searching on Ebay for one.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote