B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old November 10th 18, 08:33   #1
B5Lover29
Lurker

The Scripts of J. Michael Straczynski

Hey everyone!

I am trying to find The Scripts of J. Michael Straczynski, but they're like ... almost $2,000 to purchase them from Amazon and all the links I've seen online to Straczynski's original site that sold them are dead.

So! Maybe someone in the forum knows where I could find them for a much lower price, etc.?
B5Lover29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th 18, 09:48   #2
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: The Scripts of J. Michael Straczynski

Yes, they're out of print on the B5 books site, though they've sometimes bought back collections and made them available. I'm afraid the secondary market is the only way at the moment. There was (I'm pretty sure) a full set on Ebay last week with starting bids of only $10 each or so. The only one I followed was Voume 15 and that sold for over $200.00.

Sorry I can't be more help.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th 18, 13:17   #3
Looney
Ambassador

Yes there were many listed two weeks ago with an opening bid of $9.99. I won a few of those auctions for that price, but the Seller relisted the unsold books. Thursday night what was left sold for about $26 each - some more, some a slightly less. I was very lucky.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th 18, 14:15   #4
B5Lover29
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Yes, they're out of print on the B5 books site, though they've sometimes bought back collections and made them available. I'm afraid the secondary market is the only way at the moment. There was (I'm pretty sure) a full set on Ebay last week with starting bids of only $10 each or so. The only one I followed was Voume 15 and that sold for over $200.00.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Thank you for the info! I also checked on Ebay after I posted here. You're right, the secondary market seems to be the only way to go at the moment.
Old November 11th 18, 14:17   #5
B5Lover29
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
Yes there were many listed two weeks ago with an opening bid of $9.99. I won a few of those auctions for that price, but the Seller relisted the unsold books. Thursday night what was left sold for about $26 each - some more, some a slightly less. I was very lucky.

Wow ... $9.99 for one volume sounds like a total steal! Congrats on snatching a few of them up!
Old November 11th 18, 16:22   #6
Looney
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5Lover29 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post

Wow ... $9.99 for one volume sounds like a total steal! Congrats on snatching a few of them up!
Yes like I said I was very lucky. By the way, welcome to B5TV B5Lover29.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scripts