B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old April 27th 18, 04:52   #1
Looney
Ambassador

Avengers: Infinity War

Did you see it?!

Did you see it?!

Did you see it?!

Come back and tell me when you do.

But in all seriousness, I loved it. No spoilers. Hope you see it so we can discuss. I was floored by some of it. I hope everyone reacts positively to it. I did.

(And I will bring up the same negative I brought up on JMS News, the CG was a little lacking at times. Not a spoiler; just an observation. )

BTW - If you are planning to see this movie I would check it out ASAP because there are likely going to be spoilers EVERYWHERE very quickly.

Last edited by Looney; April 27th 18 at 15:23.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st 18, 03:17   #2
hypatia
First One

Re: Avengers: Infinity War

I probably won't see it until it gets to HBO. But if it's still playing in the town north of me in another couple of weeks, perhaps I'll actually see a movie in the theater again. With earplugs.
Old May 4th 18, 16:47   #3
Looney
Ambassador

I am shocked that I seem to be one of the very few who saw the biggest movie in the world. Definitely thought this would generate some conversations.

And Hypatia, If there is a B5 reboot feature film will you be wearing earplugs for that? Don't get me wrong, The Avengers Infinity War is a VERY loud movie, so I completely see what you are saying. Having said that I think one has to realize that a B5 Feature reboot will have, at a minimum, one VERY LOUD battle scene. LOL

Anywho, without giving anything away I have been shocked by other conversations I've heard where EVERYONE is predicting the exact same thing for how Infinity War Part 2 will turn out. I for one hope they are all wrong and I think they might be. If Infinity War did one thing it was surprise me. They made some bold moves that have sparked some not so bold prognostications. I soooo want to know what is next, but I will be going into my Cone-of-Silence for the sequel; No teasers, no trailers, no news, no chance for spoilers.
Old May 6th 18, 05:22   #4
hypatia
First One

I've learned to hate spoilers, I have ever since Star Trek TNG.

And they do make earplugs you can wear at concerts. I actually learned about them here, at this board, many years ago. They are meant to keep your ability to hear, just edit out the most damaging decibels, I think. Theoretically, you should be able to hear the words and music, just not as loudly.

The only real spoiler I have run into for Infinity Wars was a question about which deaths were "permanent".
Old May 7th 18, 23:40   #5
Looney
Ambassador

Deaths, what death?!

But yes there were characters who died. And extras too.

Speaking of decibels, I always find it amusing to be in a movie that is at a lull when all of the sudden you hear a big thud or explosion coming from a movie next door. I half expect the people in the movie I am watching to look off screen to see what the noise was.
Old May 10th 18, 16:19   #6
Sinclair

I saw it yesterday. I enjoyed it, as have most people I know that have seen it. I have two friends that just absolutely didn't like it. I've read very little of the comics so I don't know how true to them they were.
Old May 10th 18, 22:40   #7
Markas
His Majesty

Send a message via MSN to Markas

I am planning on seeing it...I just have not had any time to. I'll probably go next week (out of town this weekend) and I'll return after I've had a chance for a viewing. I am looking forward to it.
Old May 11th 18, 01:39   #8
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

I've been less and less enchanted with the Marvel film/TV stuff in general, and so while I know I'd quite like some (say, Thor: Ragnarok) I've de-prioritized them all. So haven't gotten around to seeing quite a few. Guardians of the Galaxy and Black Panther are the exceptions. And I got somewhat spoiled for the ending so I honestly don't care all that much.

I only ever got into them because Joss Whedon wrote Avengers, which I liked but didn't love. Then he left working with them -- and now I like (but no longer love) the man himself, too, so it's very much lower on the list.

But then, a lot of things are lower on the list these days... the latest standalone Star Wars movie is the first of the series I don't actually plan to see, at least not in theaters. I don't see a lot of movies!

I know I need to see "Arrival" before someone spoils it for me. But then, I've made it this far (mostly) dodging "Inception" spoilers, so maybe I'll be okay.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th 18, 04:34   #9
Looney
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshFan View Post

....the latest standalone Star Wars movie is the first of the series I don't actually plan to see, at least not in theaters. I don't see a lot of movies!
I was kind of on this trip where the more I was hearing about this movie the less I wanted to see it. And as I've said, I hear VERY little about these movies because I avoid as much as I can because I don't want to be spoiled. I finally heard the first thing that makes me want to see it the other day. It is that someone is in it that I really want to see, but I don't know what their role is. I'm not going to give it away because I don't want to spoil it for others.

Quote:
I know I need to see "Arrival" before someone spoils it for me. But then, I've made it this far (mostly) dodging "Inception" spoilers, so maybe I'll be okay.
The Arrival and Inception are two movies I somewhat enjoyed, but can't say I loved. They are both definitely worth seeing once. Unless you are talking about The Arrival (1996) with Charlie Sheen. If so I've got all kinds of spoilers for you.
Old May 11th 18, 05:15   #10
Kraig
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
Quote:

....the latest standalone Star Wars movie is the first of the series I don't actually plan to see, at least not in theaters. I don't see a lot of movies!
I was kind of on this trip where the more I was hearing about this movie the less I wanted to see it. And as I've said, I hear VERY little about these movies because I avoid as much as I can because I don't want to be spoiled. I finally heard the first thing that makes me want to see it the other day. It is that someone is in it that I really want to see, but I don't know what their role is. I'm not going to give it away because I don't want to spoil it for others.

Quote:
The Arrival and Inception are two movies I somewhat enjoyed, but can't say I loved. They are both definitely worth seeing once. Unless you are talking about The Arrival (1996) with Charlie Sheen. If so I've got all kinds of spoilers for you.
The Charlie Sheen's "The Arrival' is pre-spoiled, for your convenience.

I'm like hypatia, I wait until the movie makes it to premium cable. I've got a home theater system with HBO, Showtime, Epix, and Encore. It will eventually show up on one of those networks. The seating is more comfortable, I can set the sound system to my tastes, and I can pause for breaks. I also have ice cold beer and fresh popcorn.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” — H. L. Mencken, Baltimore Evening Sun, 26 July 1920

"I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anybody help me out? No. No."
-- Craig T. Nelson
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote