B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: Between The Darkness And The Light
A -- Excellent 18 52.94%
B -- Good 15 44.12%
C -- Average 1 2.94%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 18th 06, 10:26   #1
vacantlook

EpDis: The Very Long Night Of Londo Mollari

Refresher Links:
Lurker's Guide Main Page for The Very Long Night Of Londo Mollari
Lurker's Guide Extended Synopsis for The Very Long Night Of Londo Mollari
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th 06, 11:17   #2
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

Re: EpDis: The Very Long Night Of Londo Mollari

I remember this one with great fondness, but I am a pushover when it comes to dream sequences.

I loved the long, continuous shot that shifted from reality to Londo's dream seamlessly. I also liked Londo's discussions with Sheridan, with Sheridan constantly changing garb as a broad hint to the rest of his arc.

I haven't seen this for years, however. Since before college, probably. I really need to get season 5 at some point....
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th 06, 11:33   #3
Jan
Psi Cop

This is among my favorites even discounting that I generally enjoy the off-format episodes. Londo, forced to face up to the facts of all he'd done or failed to do, realizing that nobody would mourn for long if he died, still wanted to live, to do what he could for his world and to make amends.

Peter Jurasik is wonderful in this one, naturally, but Andreas almost steals the show when G'Kar does his impression of Emperor Cartagia.

Jan
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th 06, 16:37   #4
Joseph DeMartino

Quote:
...but Andreas almost steals the show when G'Kar does his impression of Emperor Cartagia.
"Almost"? "Almost"? The rest of this episode could have been "Grey 17 is Missing Part II" and it would still be among my favorites just for this scene. It is a wonderful bookend to the original torture scene and another reminder of what a towering (and badly under-used) talent the world lost when it lost Andreas.

Regards,

Joe
Joseph DeMartino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th 06, 00:34   #5
RW7427

Good stuff!
RW7427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd 08, 00:11   #6
Elipsis
Commander

B+, I was very hesitant about the premise. I generally don't like episodes comprised of content that takes place entirely in someone's head / dream state / crap like that... nonetheless the direction of this show was very well done, some shots were spectacular - and the feel of the
internal conflict within Londo was well executed.
Elipsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th 08, 09:57   #7
dencor
Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to dencor

In my opinion this is one of the best episodes of B5. Londos personal struggle within himself to come to terms with everything that he had done. The dream sequences were great. And Vir, telling Londo he would miss him moved me. Sorry is a powerful word only when there is true remorse for the terrible things a person has done. And JMS did a wonderful job of making us feel both Londo and G'kars pain.

thanks
dennis
dencor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th 08, 03:58   #8
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

I've always loved dream sequences, and this ep also included G'Kar's powerful -- and dead-on true -- observation about Londo's responsibility during the whipping scene. "You could have said something!" "It would have changed nothing." "Perhaps, but you had a responsibility to speak..."

Since I rewatched "Comes the Inquisitor" recently, I just noticed this interesting comparison: Delenn is prepared to die for Sheridan, her destiny be damned, "alone in the dark with no one to see." In Season 4 Londo is placed in a similar situation time and time again, and he never does what she is willing to do. Of course, it could be argued that he feels he has a higher responsibility, to all of Centauri Prime... but what then of Delenn's cry, "One life or a billion, it's all the same!"

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th 09, 08:37   #9
Ambassador Chum
Lurker

Why are there big black dildos in the middle of half the seats where Lennier is sitting at the end of this episode?
Ambassador Chum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd 09, 22:37   #10
G'Kar
Commander

One of my favorite episodes of the fifth season. Good look into the actual soul of Mollari.
There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams.
G'Kar is offline   Reply With Quote