B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old July 22nd 14, 10:02   #1
Ubik
Ranger

JMS at SDCC - B5 News?!?

Update from JMS on his upcoming panel at SDCC:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS
“Preview for my next Twilight Zone issue, out Wednesday. Also: expect some cool announcements at my Saturday spotlight at SDCC 5:30 room 7AB. Maybe some cool TV news, maybe some interesting film news...who knows, I may even have something B5 related to discuss...who can say? Let's just say you don't want to miss this”.
NOTE the ‘B5 related’… I wonder…

I’m guessing it’s that re-mastered ‘sock puppet’ version of B5 we’ve all been waiting for.
Ubik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd 14, 20:06   #2
Springer
Ambassador

Re: JMS at SDCC - B5 News?!?

The last time he had a B5 announcement at a convention I think it was to tell the story of Michael O'Hare.

Realistically, maybe a B5 comic series under his Joe's Comics label? I'd love to see movement on the blu-ray front but the odds seem stacked against that.

I'm trying to remember, wasn't there a sock puppet extra on the Lost Tales DVD?
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd 14, 20:30   #3
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
The last time he had a B5 announcement at a convention I think it was to tell the story of Michael O'Hare.

Realistically, maybe a B5 comic series under his Joe's Comics label? I'd love to see movement on the blu-ray front but the odds seem stacked against that.
Maybe it'll be "The Telepath War" told and "Crusade" continued in comics. Just kidding. I could never have something even that good.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd 14, 11:45   #4
Ubik
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post

I'm trying to remember, wasn't there a sock puppet extra on the Lost Tales DVD?
Yes, and here it is for your viewing pleasure… Amusing to see JMS poking fun at their rather limited budget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYQ5A50lj8I

I for one would be intrigued to see a continuation of the B5 Universe in comics, especially with JMS at the helm. Really depends if he wants to tell B5 stories in that medium. Equally, I’d be happy to see other writers of a good calibre take it on too. It’s one thing that did cross my mind when Joe started Studio JMS and the comics imprint. Obviously, they’d need to license it from WB, but it COULD be done. Depends if demand is there for a B5 comic so many years after it being a going concern.

Results can be variable though, I thought the Firefly / Serenity comics were pretty god damn awful, adding very little to what already exists. Obviously Star Wars and Trek have had countless comics based tales, but they have far larger fan bases.

With regards, the SDCC news, I have the feeling it won’t be something NEW in the B5 universe, but we can hope, can’t we. Maybe the DVDs being remastered for Blu Ray is the most likely candidate?! Or something more low key? Who knows…
Old July 23rd 14, 17:56   #5
babylonfan
Ranger

Well, I am going to keep expectations low so as not to be disappointed. How about part two of the "Crusade WTF happened" series? Anyone remember that?
babylonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th 14, 14:08   #6
Ubik
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylonfan View Post
Well, I am going to keep expectations low so as not to be disappointed. How about part two of the "Crusade WTF happened" series? Anyone remember that?
Very low probability on that count I think!
Old July 24th 14, 15:09   #7
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by babylonfan View Post
Very low probability on that count I think!
I'm keeping my expectations forcefully so low that they'll probably come out the opposite side of the Earth, achieve escape velocity and leave the solar system and then leave the galaxy.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th 14, 16:25   #8
Ubik
Ranger

Like I said, HAS to be sock puppets.
Old July 25th 14, 04:47   #9
ranger phil
Ranger

must be the only one who isnt that bothered about the telepath war. Now the Drakh war might be worth watching.

Oh for a B5 movie.... Not that it'll ever happen tho.

Actors gettin older....
Old July 25th 14, 07:40   #10
Ubik
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger phil View Post
must be the only one who isnt that bothered about the telepath war. Now the Drakh war might be worth watching.

Oh for a B5 movie.... Not that it'll ever happen tho.

Actors gettin older....
I'd be fine with new actors and a rebooted universe, a la Abrams Trek.