B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old December 31st 12, 14:43   #1
Jan
Psi Cop

Peter David Suffers a Stroke

Peter David posted this to his blog yesterday:
Quote:
I have had a Stroke

We were on vacation in Florida when I lost control of the right side of my body. I cannot see properly and I cannot move my right arm or leg. We are currently getting the extent of the damage sorted out and will report as further details become clarified.

PAD
Harlan Ellison spoke to Peter's wife Kathleen last night and reports that he's getting excellent care.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st 13, 18:36   #2
Raw Shark
Commander

Re: Peter David Suffers a Stroke

Wow! Sorry to hear this. I've really enjoyed Peter's writing ever since he took over Dreadstar from Jim Starlin in 1989. His wit is tough to beat. I wish him all the best in his recovery.

Raw Shark
Raw Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd 13, 16:19   #3
Sindatur
Techno-mage

His Wife, Kathleen David's, blog update for today (There was one after the Stroke as well, I believe you can access though the calendar on the righ hand side of he screen)

http://kathwp.malibulist.com/index.p...r-be-the-same/

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th 13, 13:54   #4
Jan
Psi Cop

Here's Kathleen David's latest update and some suggestions as to how the fan community can help out with expenses such as deductibles and copays:

http://www.peterdavid.net/2013/01/04...an-help-peter/

I've read the Camelot Papers and enjoyed it a lot. It's not nearly as silly as the blurb and cover make it seem.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote