B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old January 13th 03, 15:59   #11
GaribaldisHair
First One

Re: Season 4 Hair

Quote:
and Garibaldi opted to go completely bald instead of letting time do it for him
Yeah, that really ticked me off. JMS promised me a killer story arc in season 5.

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
GaribaldisHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th 03, 18:04   #12
RW7427

No offense to GaribaldisHair and LondosHair that post here, but I don't pay much attention to hair. I just watch the show. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
RW7427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th 03, 20:32   #13
GaribaldisHair
First One

Yeah ... I get that a lot.

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
GaribaldisHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th 03, 23:44   #14
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

IIRC, it was Jerry Doyle who made the decision to go bald, and JMS made up the smuggler/hair falling out thing to cover it up. The giveaway was the line Ivanova has, "that's my story and I'm sticking to it," which of course was what JMS used online every time he made a mistake and made up some ridiculous tale to cover for it.
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th 03, 01:15   #15
kingfish
Dead Account

I liked the idea that Garibaldi was bald. the way they explained it however was funny. His hair fell out. One point that wasn't mentioned about hair pertains to Sinclair. In the pilot he has long hair. When the series rolled around he had a military hair cut.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th 03, 03:45   #16
Capt. Neville
First One

OK, took me a bit to find the reference, but in S1, "Infection", Garibaldi is buying that thing-or-another from the vendor after talking to the ISN reporter, and he tells the vendor:

Quote:

Okay, I'll take one of these, but if it leaves a waxy yellow buildup on ANYTHING I'm coming back.

Maybe instead it's just a time-delayed hair loss potion? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

--mcn
Capt. Neville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th 16, 04:29   #17
Newhouse75
Lurker

it isn't obvious to you all why hair stylez changed. I will educate you. Its called budget cuts. At the end of season 3 Babylon 5 had no home. The station that was showing it here in Chicago was channel 50. They started out as a little uhf station but because of choices like Star Trek TNG and Highlander The Series the station made profit and a much bigger budget. Then UPN(United Paramount Network) bought channel 50 as well as other channels from different states. Everyone knows Paramount is the mother of Star Trek, so naturally B5 being a Warner Brothers series was not going to be renewed so they found a new home in The TNT Network. Although a lot better off then other cable stations it did not have the money that the previous one had. Now the special effects were done by independants who worked for J. Michael Stryzinski. So they went with him to TNT and the special effects did not change so much. But hairstyles and uniforms did. Slight differences with some. Huge differences with others. In all other words TNT did not have as much money as the previous one had. It looked noticably cheaper on the actors and actresses. Another great series produced by Fox, Sliders went through a similar but worse change then Babylon 5. It went from Fox to the syfy network when they were a very new network and they had nowhere near the budget of fox. It destroyed Sliders. Thank goodness for good writing with Babylon 5 or it may of gone out crappy like Sliders. Peace

Last edited by Newhouse75; June 16th 16 at 04:32.
Newhouse75 is offline   Reply With Quote