B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old November 30th 10, 13:17   #1
trekgeezer
Lurker

More B5 on the way?

Don't really know if this means anything, but you can never tell with these things

Check out the story at AICN

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/47597
trekgeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st 10, 10:22   #2
vorlonlovechild
Commander

Re: More B5 on the way?

wait till april and all will be revealed....
Old December 1st 10, 15:30   #3
Bester
First One

Something has been brewing for a while. But since jms's cryptic 'ides of May' clue for TMoS a few years back, I have learnt not to hold my breath.

Also, IMO the quality of recent ventures into the B5 universe (LotR and TLT) have been questionable.
Old December 1st 10, 18:10   #4
Jan
Psi Cop

I can't be sure but I think the San Diego Comic-Con announcements JMS had hoped to make weren't B5 related.

It was at the NY Comic-con in early October that JMS said that WB had called him about something B5 related a few weeks before. The point he made was that he'd told them back in 2008 not to come back to him unless they were ready to do a big-budget movie or a series with a sufficient budget and creative control to him. They called. No telling what, or if anything might come of it. Time will tell.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st 10, 18:16   #5
babylonfan
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlonlovechild View Post
April fools?
babylonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st 10, 22:09   #6
JoeD80
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bester View Post
Also, IMO the quality of recent ventures into the B5 universe (LotR and TLT) have been questionable.
This is why the whole budget/creative control issue comes into play, because Joe looked back at these projects and realized they didn't live up to the B5 legacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylonfan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlonlovechild View Post
April fools?
I think that a pilot will be made right around then. Spring is the time that the networks are placing their show orders.
JoeD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd 10, 00:10   #7
Raw Shark
Commander

Jan, I thought JMS said he would only consider a feature film? I don't remember him mentioning anything about 'settling' for a series. I would gladly 'settle' for a series, that would be the best format for more B5.

I'm going to hold my breath until April. Or until I pass out and have wild visions about the Telepath War.

Raw Shark

"Obviously, we gotta stand by our North Korean allies."
Sarah Palin, super genius
Raw Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd 10, 03:01   #8
Jan
Psi Cop

In this post he only mentions feature films but it sounds like they'd also approached him at that time about "...or a cable thing..." so it may just not have gotten typed.

My totally inexpert opinion is that either might be tempting, given a proper budget. In a TV show, he might be given total creative control which would be unusual (unheard of?) for a feature film. On the other hand, with a feature he might be allowed to tell a bigger story in every sense of the word but in features it's usually the director with the most control.

Don't hold your breath, though. JMS isn't always accurate when guessing when something might be announced/talked about.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd 10, 03:03   #9
hypatia
First One

Movies can be completely finished and still never see the light of day, if I'm not mistaken.
Definitely a "wouldn't hold my breath" item.

Would he still find working on B5 to be sufficiently stimulating? He seems to have moved onto other things, might there be a risk of "been there, done that" at this point?
Old December 2nd 10, 05:51   #10
Sindatur
Techno-mage

I won't risk holding my breath and turning purple, nor will I get excited and count on something. But, I am am cautiously anticipating enough time passing to see if there is anything to it

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote