B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old May 26th 10, 11:44   #1
ecoplanet
Lurker

Londo's Story...?

I just finished watching the series, minus the movies. I just found out that they fill in gaps from the show storyline. I am now gonna go back & watch the whole thing again, this time including the movies in their proper order along with the series. I am hoping one of the movies, fill in the untold story of Londo giving his "gift" to John & Delenn, and what came of that, as well as how he died, since in the last episode Virr is Emperor..?

pdm
ecoplanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th 10, 11:58   #2
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: Londo's Story...?

Welcome, ecoplanet

That's not in the movies but it's very well covered in the Centauri Prime trilogy. Finding all three books is a challenge but well worth the reward. I think KoshN has put full info about the trilogies in the FAQ forum.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th 10, 13:01   #3
ecoplanet
Lurker

Are the books "official", as in written by writers that are affiliated with the show?

pdm
ecoplanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th 10, 13:11   #4
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoplanet View Post
Are the books "official", as in written by writers that are affiliated with the show?
11 of the novels are official, Dell #7, Dell #9, the Del Rey Psi Corps Trilogy, the Del Rey Centauri trilogy, and the Del Rey Technomage trilogy. For the story of Londo, you obviously want the Centauri trilogy. However, I highly recommend all 11 of these books.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th 10, 13:13   #5
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoplanet View Post
Welcome EcoPlanet

The 3 Trilogies (Psicorps, Centauri and Technomage) are all blessed by JMS, and based upon outlines from him. Also there are two other books blessed by JMS, "To Dream in the City of Srrows" (Sinclair after he left Babylon 5 and became an Ambassador) written by his wife and one about Sheridan's wife going to Zha'Ha'Dum and waking the Shadows. The other 7 books, not so good. KoshN also goes into details about these in the FAQ forum, I believe.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th 10, 16:35   #6
vacantlook

Welcome to the board, ecoplanet. As you rewatch the show, feel free to drop by each episode's respective episode discussion thread (the "EpDis" threads) and post your thoughts on the episodes.

As the others here said, Londo's gift gets covered in the Centauri novel trilogy. As for how Londo died, we know that from the dream of his death that he tells us about in the first episode of season one, "Midnight On The Firing Line," from seeing him dreaming that dream in season two's "The Coming of Shadows," and from seeing it actually occur in season three's "War Without End, Part 2."
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th 10, 18:13   #7
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacantlook View Post
As for how Londo died, we know that from the dream of his death that he tells us about in the first episode of season one, "Midnight On The Firing Line," from seeing him dreaming that dream in season two's "The Coming of Shadows," and from seeing it actually occur in season three's "War Without End, Part 2."
....and from the end of "In the Beginning."
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th 10, 18:40   #8
Battlestar
Ranger

I'm searching for the books now as well. The Psi Corp Trilogy and Techno-Mage Trilogy shouldn't be hard to find. But trying to get the full set for the Centauri Trilogy is driving me nuts. Not only is it only hard to find the 3rd book but this is the story I most want to read to it conclusion
Battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th 10, 19:46   #9
babylonfan
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlestar View Post
I'm searching for the books now as well. The Psi Corp Trilogy and Techno-Mage Trilogy shouldn't be hard to find. But trying to get the full set for the Centauri Trilogy is driving me nuts. Not only is it only hard to find the 3rd book but this is the story I most want to read to it conclusion
Rather then trying to go for 3 loose soft-cover books, you might want to try your look at the hard-cover book that bundles the Centauri trilogy. That's what I did and in the end the price of the hard-cover bundle was the same as what some people where asking just for book 3.
babylonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th 10, 21:34   #10
Battlestar
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylonfan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlestar View Post
Rather then trying to go for 3 loose soft-cover books, you might want to try your look at the hard-cover book that bundles the Centauri trilogy. That's what I did and in the end the price of the hard-cover bundle was the same as what some people where asking just for book 3.
Where can you get that?
Battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote