B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

Old January 16th 02, 20:09   #1
**DONOTDELETE**

Deconstruction of Falling Stars and the future of the human race (spoilers)

In Deconstruction, we saw that one million years after the defeat of the Shadows humanity has evolved into semi energy based lifeforms capable of maintaining an aparently human form and even utilizing encounter suits. it has been suggested that they had reached the level of the first ones by this time. my theory on this is that after the telepaths were re-integrated into human society after the fall of the Psi-Corps, many humans may have bred with minbari or with human minbari hybrids [i.e. David Sheridan, Delenn 2,3,(mentioned in Deconstruction) and some of the other minbari who descended from Valen, ect] thus creating a new race and expediting the evolution of both races. JMS has himself stated that the humans and minbari made it to first one status. it just a theory but what do you all think?

------------------
Who do you Serve and Who do you Trust?
Old January 16th 02, 20:31   #2
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Deconstruction of Falling Stars and the future of the human race (spoilers)

There have been a ton o' posts about this subject, but Deconstruction is my favorite episode, so I love talking about it.

I have to wonder if human and Minbari societies do not eventually merge sometime between now and a million years hence. Perhaps the human Ranger we saw from a million years in the future was indeed both human and Minbari. It's all speculation, of course. Others say that the Minbari become Vorlon-like and the Humans become Shadow-like. Still others say that the Humans and Minbari guide the younger races as proper teachers like the First Ones were supposed to do. I think the latter is the case. I think that we ulitmately learn our lesson and take our place as teachers and guides of the younger races and that everyone lives hapily everafter.

BTW - The Human Ranger getting into his encounter suit has got to be my FAVORITE scent in the whole 5-year arc. Man, that's cool!

------------------
You are finite. Zathras is finite. This...is wrong tool.

jtk724@hotmail.com
Old January 16th 02, 20:33   #3
Natron
Dead Account

If the Minbari and Humans reached first one status, I wonder if they became the new Vorlons (beings of light)? Would that make the Centauri/Drakh the new Shadows???

Also, at the end of the episode, where was the guy going? Beyond the rim? Could he be a possible descendant of Sheridan and Delenn???

------------------
"We live for the one, we die for the one."
Natron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th 02, 20:52   #4
GreyVorlon
Lurker

the centauri dont reach any status above that in which we left them in Crusade actually. It was said that ONLY the humans and minbari advanced that far- the narns and centuari because of their constant fighting declined and nver made it--- i would agree that the human and minbari societys merged, parcially to guild the yougner races properly like the first ones should have- after all they are the 3 peice of the puzzel (minbari 3 lol) and i strongly oppse the idea of humans=shadows and minbari=vorlons-----

------------------
GreyVorlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th 02, 23:25   #5
whitestar90
First One

Yes it did look cool the human going into his encounter suit
The whole idea of that episode was to show that humans actually learnt from their past mistakes and saving this knowledge they can move on.....

------------------
"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here" -Walkers of Sigma957
whitestar90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th 02, 04:16   #6
**DONOTDELETE**

Ya know ,shadows, according to delenn were the oldest of the first ones... and as far as i know they never transcended into energy beings... Perhaps the futility of their philosphy kept them forever solid... So it would seem that turning into energy is not the only prerequisite for becoming a first one...

------------------
-----Khurzhor-----

"Farewell friend. I was a thousand times as evil as thou."
-Stormbringer
Old January 17th 02, 06:17   #7
bakana
Dead Account

Nope, sorry. Shadows WERE enegry beings.
They just spent a lot of time in material bodies. Particularly when dealing with the Younger races.
For that matter, all the First Ones we saw did that.

Oh, Lorien was the Oldest of the First Ones.

So much older that he considered all the first Ones still hanging around to be Children.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
"Yes, of course I care. It's a terrible thing when your children fight. I warned the others, but they didn't listen. They never listen."

Lorien in Babylon 5:"Whatever Happened to Mr. Garibaldi?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, on the Minbari/Human hybrid thing, JMS comments make it very clear that no such thing happened.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Did the future humans leave the galaxy as the Vorlons did?

No point in leaving the galaxy; stars go nova, it only affects the immediate vicinity (big as that is).
By this point, they were in the position of the Vorlons, and now have to take their (our) place guiding the younger races, the next wave, while not getting in the way and remembering the lesson of the shadow/vorlon conflict.

What about the other races?

The Minbari eventually make it; the Narn and Centauri do not.
They don't die out, they just don't hit a state of First One-ishness, which is darn close to immortality (barring violence).
jms <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."
bakana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th 02, 18:53   #8
GreyVorlon
Lurker

the shadows are energy beings they just choose to stay with their current solid look to deal w/ others- the post above it correct- its also stated in the Technomage Triliagy

------------------
GreyVorlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th 02, 20:11   #9
**DONOTDELETE**

The fact that they remember their history gives hope that they have learned from it. If they know how their ancestors ended the last Shadow war, they are less likely to repeat the Shadow and Vorlon mistakes.

As for First One status, well, it is simply a status. If you don't become extinct, you will reach it -- after accumulating enough knowledge, experience and technology.

Connections between the Humans and Minbari? Well, they existed. Due to the Rangers, we may assume that their connections stayed close, and relations peaceful. But they probably didn't merge. Otherwise the Human ranger seen in "Deconstruction" would have exhibited at least some Minbari traits of appearance.

As for the episode itself... I liked it.

[This message has been edited by Lennier (edited January 17, 2002).]
Old January 18th 02, 05:16   #10
bakana
Dead Account

Well, since JMS statement was that the Minbari Eventually make it, that pretty solidly rules out any "merging".

As if the idea that either race would WANT to merge weren't pretty silly.

Eventually usually means that it took them a while.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."
bakana is offline   Reply With Quote