B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.related

Old October 27th 08, 01:27   #11
KoshN

Re: Question about the Drakh.........?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacantlook View Post
Pointedly, the skullfaces looked more like guys in rubber suits in Crusade when they didn't have the blur effect used.
Yes, but those were 100% CGI*, with bone white skullmasks and BIG glowing red eyes, not a guy in a costume. The Drakh Emissary's face was not bone white (IIRC, it was greenish-grey.), and the eyes although BIG, were dark, not glowing red.

Man, I wish we could redo CRUSADE, and make it all right, fixing these annoying problems.

OOPS!!! Forgot about the Drakh footsoldiers IN the ship. The white skullface guys weren't ALL CGI.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."

Last edited by KoshN; October 27th 08 at 01:30.
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th 08, 02:10   #12
vacantlook

Yeah, I didn't think all of them were CGI, though some were obviously so. Either way, the "Lines of Communication" "emissary" was far better than any of the Crusade ones, and I liked the "emissary" better than the actual Drakh. For me, the actual Drakh were just another actor in a face mask, but the emissary, specifically because of the blurring effect, were cool and new and not something I expected.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th 08, 21:28   #13
KoshN

Quote:
Yeah, I didn't think all of them were CGI, though some were obviously so.
At first I only remembered the ones from War Zone that:
  • Shot down Jensen when he stupidly did a tight turn in the atmospheric shuttle right over top of the Drakh with those shoulder mounted beam weapons.
  • Trace saw in the binoculars.
  • Gideon's Thunderbolt Starfuries blew away walking along the cliff face and not even getting off a shot at the Starfuries.

Quote:
Either way, the "Lines of Communication" "emissary" was far better than any of the Crusade ones, and I liked the "emissary" better than the actual Drakh. For me, the actual Drakh were just another actor in a face mask, but the emissary, specifically because of the blurring effect, were cool and new and not something I expected.
The blurring effect was cool.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote