• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Londo's Best Quotes

I had almost forgotten about this one:

"Here, 6000 years of recorded history. A history which includes remarkable composers, astonishing symphonies, but what is the one song that half of them sing to their children generation after generation?
"You put your right hand in, you take your right hand out, you put your whole self in and you turn yourself about. You do the Hokey Pokey and you give a little shout. That's what its all about.
"It does not mean anything. I've been studying it for seven days. I had the computer analyze it. I swear to you: it does not mean a thing!"

Last edited:
Londo and J'Kar trapped in the elevator together facing certain death, which is what J'kar wants becasue thats the only way that he avenge himself on lond without repercussions to his family.J"Kar crying in Anguish because him and Londo both get saved and both going to live after all.

Londo "I hate my life"

J"Kar "so do I" :D

I like many of the ones people listed.

I cannot remember it all but I enjoyed Londo's description of how G'Kar's popularity grew with his absence (from Season 5)

One of my favorites considering his eventual role in the events of the series:

I suppose there'll be a war. With all that running around and shooting, you'd think it would go out of fashion. (The Gathering)

The Vir quote thread just reminded me of an excellent one:

"You will do it because it is expedient. You will do it because you are Centauri. And you will do it because I have poisoned your drink."

I know I'm getting the first part wrong, but what a killer of a final persuader...

LONDO
No, they won't. Because you are
going to take steps to prevent it.
You will start by breaking off your
relationship with Mr. Morden.

REFA
(amused)
Londo...you're a fool. You walked
away from the greatest power I have
ever seen...and now you expect me
to do the same? They are the key
to my eventual rise to the throne.
Why would I abandon them?

LONDO
Because I have asked you. Because
your loyalty to our people should
be greater than your ambition. And
because I have poisoned your drink.
And yet you see so many posts complaining about B5's dialogue simply because it's not snappy banter. As Londo might say "PAH!" :rolleyes:

Jan

Londo has lots of excellent quotes. Some of the best are ones where he banters with G'Kar or Vir. I haven't watched any B5 for quite some time now so most of them I don't have verbatim. One favorite I don't think anyone mentioned is the one after Lady Morella has given her reading, and to make this spoiler free I will just say that both Vir and Londo found out something about their futures. Most of you will know the quote I am referring to. Vir has make dinner for Londo. It goes something like this:
"I made dinner."
"I'm not hungry."
"It's your favorite...spoo."
"I'll order in."
"You're not saying you don't trust me."
and so on.

Of course it loses a lot when you can't see the facial expressions.

Here's a more serious one, from Born to the Purple.

"We Centauri live our lives for appearances. Position, status, title, these are the things by which we define ourselves. But when I look beneath the mask I am forced to wear, I see only emptiness. And then I think of you. And I say to hell with appearances."

Londo to Zack: "You have that vacant look in your eyes that says, 'Hold my head into your ear, and you'll hear the sea.'"

Here's a more serious one, from Born to the Purple.

"We Centauri live our lives for appearances. Position, status, title, these are the things by which we define ourselves. But when I look beneath the mask I am forced to wear, I see only emptiness. And then I think of you. And I say to hell with appearances."

That's one of my top ten speeches of the whole show, Londo6.:thumbsup:

And yet you see so many posts complaining about B5's dialogue simply because it's not snappy banter. As Londo might say "PAH!" :rolleyes:

Jan

I don't know if I agree with that. I don't remember any posts ripping on B5's dialogue. I think it has some of the best written material out there. What a lot of people do say, and I agree, is that HUMOR dialogue is very much hit or miss (usually miss). But there is plenty of excellent dialogue and speeches throughout the show. Overall it has to be one of the best out there.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back