B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: Lochley - Good or Bad???
Great Character 9 21.43%
She was ok 16 38.10%
Hell no, i miss Ivanova 17 40.48%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 12th 09, 15:14   #51
Triple F
Ambassador

Re: Lochley - Good or Bad???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
Still IMO she was still better than that Monihan lady-think she played #1 from Mars. Or
The actual Captain of the same ship, Captain Charles Mitchell, reminded me of Ace Rimmer from Red Dwarf!
. . . . . . . . . . . . now that you mention it, yeah, he did seem a bit like that.
Triple F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd 09, 17:57   #52
dreamer
Ranger

Simply put, I do not like the character. It didn't feel to me that she brought anything to the show, but I suppose that she fits in the picture - it could've been a lot worse. I don't particularly miss Ivanova either since I didn't like the latter comedian as much as I did like the stiff one in the first season.

You know who I would've loved to see running B5? Zack. Man, that could've been great. They could've toned down the military outpost crap and shove it more into something like a real diplomatic station with an internal security running the whole shebang.
dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th 09, 16:05   #53
Republibot 3.0
Psi Cop

My own take on it is that Lochley was fairly terrible in B5, but really pretty good in Crusade, and adequate in "Lost Tales." I would have liked to have seen more of her, and I think I would have liked the character a lot more, had she been introduced at any time other than the final season of B5, when it was just one more source of stress on an already-overstressed production.
Republibot 3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th 09, 23:38   #54
Alexa
Ambassador

I liked Lochleys character, and tried not to see her as an Ivanova substitute. That being said, I was as upset as I suspect most of you were when Claudia left. Claudia was irreplaceable, and Tracy must have felt enormous pressure when she came on the show.
Old November 25th 09, 15:43   #55
Republibot 3.0
Psi Cop

Yeah. My aversion to Lochley in S5 was mostly that her character felt a little half-baked and not-quite-lived-in yet. By the time of the movies and Crusade, it seemed like writer and actress had a much better sense of who she was, and suddenly she became a lot more likeable
Republibot 3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote