• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Need help ID'ing random quote stuck in my head...

Need help ID\'ing random quote stuck in my head...

There's a really cool quote I remember hearing in a TV show or movie, and for the life of me, I can't remember who said it or if I have the exact words right. It goes something like this:

"I know you're just a reporter, but you used to be human."

I can't remember if it was said in Babylon 5 or The West Wing or maybe in a David E. Kelley show. I've also thought it might be in the movie The American President. It sounds so much like a Garibaldi line, but I can't remember when he would have had a chance to say that to a reporter.

I even did a search for it in Google. I got two good results, but one was a dead link, and the other was in Spanish.

Can you guys help me out?

Re: Need help ID\'ing random quote stuck in my head

James Cromwell said it in the movie "Deep Impact" to Téa Leoni.

His character was Allen Rittenhouse, her character was Jenny Lerner, and I believe the quote is: "I know you're just a reporter, but you used to be a person, right?"

Re: Need help ID\'ing random quote stuck in my head...

I believe that there are similar lines in His Girl Friday ..... and, for that matter, probably in all of the versions of The Front Page (that's the title of the play that the movie was based upon; and of 2 of the 4 movie versions).

Back