• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What would a JMS Star Trek show be like?

Know what I think now? I'm kinda glad JMS isn't touching Trek.

During his silly plea to get himself the job, he mentioned a 5-year planned arc. Jees, does everything have to be a 5-year planned arc with this guy? It was cool in B5, but he was gonna do the exact same thing in Crusade (5 yr planned arc, where the show becomes about something else in season 2, and our heroes go renegade).

And then do the same in Trek? I don't think so.
We already had a big arc story in the world of Trek- DS9. It was fun, but it wasn't really Trek, which is about exploration and morality plays. JMS' show would be good, but a re-hash and not very Trek-ish.

I just don't understand why people insist on continuing things. Why can't Trek just be finished? Hey, it was fun, some cool TV, and thank God we have the DVDs. The end.

I'm more upset at the fans who are suddenly seeming to turn viscious against JMS than I am that TMoS is shelved for now. (And make no mistake that's all it is...shelved for now.)

Shame on all of you! Fair weather fans! :mad: :mad: :mad:

JMS is NOT to blame! So back off! I am a writer, producer, director, and I can tell you JMS is doing what any passionate visionary creator would do...fight to maintain the integrity of his vision...and I stand behind him 100%!

I would LOVE to see JMS run ST. It would have purpose, direction, vision and passion again!

I knew some people might be angry and direct it towards JMS over this, but goddamn! To see people outright turn their backs on him makes me not only angry but makes me embarassed to be associated with some of you. And some of you turning your backs are people I never would've expected it from.

I hope to god JMS doesn't hear too much of this. It might stop him from wanting to push and shop TMoS around and still get it made.

CE

CE, you have to learn to calm down and stop reading things into what people say without going off on a tear. I don't even know what I'm supposed to be blaming JMS for.

I'm pointing out the stylistic differences between creative forces. I would expect a "writer, producer, director" of all people to get that. It in no way diminishes respect for an artist's talent.

CE, you have to learn to calm down and stop reading things into what people say without going off on a tear. I don't even know what I'm supposed to be blaming JMS for.

I'm pointing out the stylistic differences between creative forces. I would expect a "writer, producer, director" of all people to get that. It in no way diminishes respect for an artist's talent.

I read nothing into your post except you going off. I returned the favor and defended JMS. Perhaps you need to be more aware of how your posts read to people and quite assuming folks instantly understand you meaning or intent.

Your last several posts in various threads have seemed fairly viscious, Old Mighty. I don't know if it's just your time of month or what...but you need to realize you've come across somewhat harsh in your wording.

My sympathies lie with JMS and the cast. I can only imagine what he and they are feeling right now...so close...only to have two idiots fuck it all up.

CE

Sorry CE, but when I read your post the first thing that popped into my mind was "who is blaming JMS?" I certainly don't see it...

Yeah, all GKE is saying is that JMS's style wouldn't go well with Star Trek. Nothing more, nothing less.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back