• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Unproduced scripts?

And I have to agree, the Garibaldi story for Lost Tales didn't grab me either. At all. I'm now glad it wasn't filmed, even though Garibaldi's my favorite character.

Raw Shark

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
- Einstein

Gotta say I liked the Garibaldi ep. when I read it, and liked it more than the Lochley/Priest ep.

But as far as I know, it was never scripted or even outlined.
In the "premises in development" memo in volume 2 there is a brief mention:

Babylon 5 Premises in Development (no date) said:
Demon with a Glass Hand sequel. 300+ years old, still on the run, tired, comes to station. (Harlan's story.)

A Trick of the Mind
="Spider in the Web"
The Resurrectionist
="The Quality of Mercy"
Target: Unknown
A story involving a character that's a time bomb; supposed to be written by David Gerrold but never got scripted.
The Very Long Night of Susan Ivanova
=the Narn/Centauri war breaking out in "The Coming of Shadows" + a plot about the Babylon 5 founder that was scripted in "Matters of Honor" but never filmed + a plot about Susan having to take a break from the job on Sheridan's order and finding it harder to deal with than work

There were a few more, those are off the top of my head. No details on any, but I think Ellison might have been the writer for The Resurrectionist.
The only other one listed in the memo for the first season as a possible Harlan script is "The World Below" which was retitled to "Midnight on the Sunken Cathedral" but was put on hold after the Northridge earthquake hit.

Back