• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Casting

Here's a game a friend of mine got from a friend of his, and passed on to me: Let's assume B5 was made in a different decade than it was, but otherwise was exactly the same. How would you cast the characters? For instance, who would be Garibaldi and who would be Sheridan if it was a TV show in the 1950s, and who would be in those roles if it was done today, and who would have it been in the 1970s?

You've got to keep it realistic. It's got to be actors who were really working in TV at the time. For instance, you can choose Julie Newmar or Anne Francis to be in 1960s B5 becuase they were both working in TV at the time, but you can't choose Marilyn Monroe or Lauren Bacall to be in 1950s B5 becuase they weren't TV actresses.

SO go to town with it, it's fun!

Ah, come on, guys!
I think you limited the selction criteria too much. Perhaps you ought to try simply working during that period, rather than having to have worked in TV. I think there are alot of good choices through the years that may have only been doing movies during a certain period, but, were not doing TV at the time.

Okay... in the 60s, Robert Conrad (James West) would have been Sheridan, Julie Newmar would have been Ivanova, and Chuck Connors would have been Garibaldi. Raymond Burr would have played Morden, unless of course, Rod Serling was available. Hans Conreid would have played G'Kar and Phil Silvers as Londo.

Addendum: Telly Savalas plays Bester, and Ernest Borgnine plays the Zarg.

Last edited:
Ah, come on, guys!
I think you limited the selction criteria too much. Perhaps you ought to try simply working during that period, rather than having to have worked in TV. I think there are alot of good choices through the years that may have only been doing movies during a certain period, but, were not doing TV at the time.

Nah, there's plenty of actors working in both TV and Movies at the time, and there's a lot of people you simply wouldn't get on a TV show as part of the cast. Humphrey Bogart isn't going to play G'kar.

Okay... in the 60s, Robert Conrad (James West) would have been Sheridan, Julie Newmar would have been Ivanova, and Chuck Connors would have been Garibaldi. Raymond Burr would have played Morden, unless of course, Rod Serling was available. Hans Conreid would have played G'Kar and Phil Silvers as Londo.

Addendum: Telly Savalas plays Bester, and Ernest Borgnine plays the Zarg.

Very good call on Julie Newmar. Not bad, but Chuck Connors is really more of a Sinclair in my mind: Imposing, but rather stiff, plays 'haunted' reasonably well. I'm thinking James Garner as Garibaldi. Victor Buono as Londo. Anne Francis as Na'Toth. Harry Belafonte as Dr. Franklin. Totally agree about Rod Serling. That would have been total stuntcasting, but you need to go with that sometimes. Michael Ansara as G'kar, Leonard Nimoy as Ta'lon. Patric McGoohan as Bester. Bob Crane as Zack. Delenn is a hard one, but I think I'd go with Elizabeth Montgomery. Bill Bixby as Corwin. Roger Moore as Marcus. Michael Landon as Warren Keffer. Richard Bashart as Sheridan's Dad. Bob and Ray as Reebo and Zootie.

Anyone else got anything?

Back