• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

John Carter movie - Go See It!!

Jan

Regular
I know you don't see me outside of the B5 area very often but for this movie I'm making an exception. Please, please....ignore critics, pay NO attention to the silly trailers, DO go see this movie if you like a good fantasy adventure flick.

You've got swords, monsters, scantily clad men and women (though not quite as scantily clad as they were in the books), intrigue...oh, and flying ships.

It's based on the Barsoom books of Edgar Rice Burroughs but the creators have taken a story written (almost?) a hundred years ago and updated it enough for today while keeping the spirit and flavor of the books. And the Dejah Thoris in this movie is wonderful!

The marketing for this film has been all wrong but I urge you to go see this movie!! I saw it in 2-D but I hear the conversion to 3-D was well done.

Jan

The movie was good enough to get me to check out the books... we'll see how it goes. I mainly just want to find out what happens when he goes back to mars, or... "Barsoom" :p

I've read the Barsoom books. I quite enjoyed them. Burroughs style of writing is a little hard to follow sometimes, but other than that I found the books to be excellent reads. I'd love to see the movie, but I'll probably wait until it comes out on DVD and buy it. :LOL:

You're right. This is a good film to watch. The CGI is fantastic and some of the best I've seen. I think it ranks up there with 'Avatar' as far as the effects go. Don't forget, this story was written over a hundred years ago.

Well... I finished the first book. Go me...

Kinda different story but I still think the movie was done well.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back