• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

HEROES / VILIANS (Spoilers Welcome)

God, I am so over Hiro not having his powers or being hindered by some stupid crap. He's either in the near past, the distant past, stuff on a flagpole, 10 years old in his mentality or being generally unwise and unclever.

I will say that the moment with his mother was awesome and touching, but totally wasted due to the Papa Petrelli thing. Frack.

Wonder why Sylar didn't kill the Haitian and take his powers.

Wonder how Hiro and Peter will get their powers back. They have to. As non-heroes, they're both annoying.

Claire going back was kind of cool. I liked that portion of the story.

Hiro and Clair dealting w/ daddy issues, Sylar being a creepy remorseless serial killer, an eclipse, Parkman is lost and confused, Ando is helpless- it's season 1!

Hiro and Clair dealting w/ daddy issues, Sylar being a creepy remorseless serial killer, an eclipse, Parkman is lost and confused, Ando is helpless- it's season 1!

Haha. It would be if Mr. Mugglesworth was in the picture. He's mysteriously absent. It's a conspiracy.

When I saw the touching scene with Hiro and his mother I immediately forgave the writers for making Hiro a 10 year old. That whole plot line started off annoyingly but ended perfectly. Then the writers had screw it all up again by having not only Patreli take Hiro's powers but then have Patreli die. STOP killing off the bad guys!

And again they wrote stupidity into their show, Linderman could have easily helped save Hiro's mom. I think at that point they were all still friends.

I do like Sylar's personality now but I wish we didn't have to sit through his other 10 personalities.

I have one question - was that Patreli the Patreli from the past or the future?

Anyone notice that the marine was also in the 4400.

I've officially given up with this show. I think the writers have lost it. The "story" has become nothing more than a bunch of random events strung together. There are too many inconsistancies and not enough logic. Shame. The first season was very good.

When I saw the touching scene with Hiro and his mother I immediately forgave the writers for making Hiro a 10 year old. That whole plot line started off annoyingly but ended perfectly. Then the writers had screw it all up again by having not only Patreli take Hiro's powers but then have Patreli die. STOP killing off the bad guys!

And again they wrote stupidity into their show, Linderman could have easily helped save Hiro's mom. I think at that point they were all still friends.

I do like Sylar's personality now but I wish we didn't have to sit through his other 10 personalities.

I have one question - was that Patreli the Patreli from the past or the future?

Anyone notice that the marine was also in the 4400.

I really enjoyed Tamlym Tomita in the role, but, yea Linderman should've been able to fix her. For that matter, I always wondered if Linderman (or now Hiro's mom) could fix himself?

Arthur Petrelli? I would say he had to be present day Arthur, using Peter's time travelling to go back in time.

I guess we have to give up hope for Elle, that scene on the beach seemed pretty definite.

I've officially given up with this show. I think the writers have lost it. The "story" has become nothing more than a bunch of random events strung together. There are too many inconsistancies and not enough logic. Shame. The first season was very good.

I actually never expected the continuity to be too tight from one season to the next (It would be nice if it was, but...). Early on, it was pretty well specified that the volume's were independent and like comic books, and continuity is rewritten in comic books all the time, so...

But even the continuity within the season doesn't flow. For example, Daphne was shown as virtually unable to walk without her power. Yet, she already lost her power temporarily earlier in the show and all it did was slow her down (when she and Hiro were within range of the Haitian).

But even the continuity within the season doesn't flow. For example, Daphne was shown as virtually unable to walk without her power. Yet, she already lost her power temporarily earlier in the show and all it did was slow her down (when she and Hiro were within range of the Haitian).

I missed or forgot that one.

If Papa Petrelli had Peter's time powers, why didn't he just go back in time and fix everything that needed to be fixed for his own benefit?

Elle gone. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad.

If Papa Petrelli had Peter's time powers, why didn't he just go back in time and fix everything that needed to be fixed for his own benefit?

Elle gone. Sad. Sad. Sad. Sad.

That's why freely giving multiple people the power to time travel causes way too many headaches and inconsistencies.

Saw the most recent episode last night. I would like to give up watching it, but I can't tear myself away. A combination of not having any other weekly drama to watch and the mistaken belief that if I give it just another chance that it will change and get better keeps pulling me back.

Once Lost and BSG start up again I'll probably leave it permanently.

Saw the most recent episode last night. I would like to give up watching it, but I can't tear myself away. A combination of not having any other weekly drama to watch and the mistaken belief that if I give it just another chance that it will change and get better keeps pulling me back.

This is precisely how I feel. There are so many things I have not liked about seasons 2 & 3.0 so far that I really ought to give it up, but curiosity and hope keep making me tune it one more week.

For me, Heroes isn't the only weekly drama, but the field is diminishing especially with the recent series finales of The Shield and Boston Legal, the upcoming series finale of Stargate: Atlantis, and the fact that I gave up completely on Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice after last season and gave up on Fringe and Ugly Betty earlier this season. That only leaves Heroes, Chuck, Prison Break, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Sanctuary, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, the last two episodes of Stargate: Atlantis, and of course, Lost, Battlestar Galactica, and Dollhouse starting in 2009.

Once Lost and BSG start up again I'll probably leave it permanently.

I don't know if I can do that either. It goes back to the "hope" thing. Knowing that the erratic & convoluted Chapter 3: Heroes & Villains storyline will be coming to an end, I can't help but wonder if the Chapter 4: Fugitives (season 3.5) story will be better. And, while I'm not a huge fan of Bryan Fuller (I may be the only oxygen-breathing organism that hated Pushing Daisies), if he's partly responsible for making season one so good, the possibility of his return to Heroes may be yet another glimmer of hope.

The other glimmer of hope is that the disdain for the last two seasons seems to be pretty universal by fans & critics alike, which means it can't go un-noticed by NBC. They seem to have already taken steps to rectify the situation by firing two of the writers and inviting Fuller back (or at least not standing in his way when he expressed interest). Entertainment Weekly and TV Guide have both published bullet point lists of how to fix Heroes, so the buzz about the season 2 & 3 suckage is out there and the fans & industry insiders have practically handed the producers a free-of-charge game plan for making things better. Now all NBC has to do is listen and follow the suggestions.

Interesting end to this "volume."

I don't think we're dealing with Nathan Petrelli. I think Nathan is dead and Papa Petrelli now looks like Nathan or such. Just my theory. No way that Nathan, the guy who would fly his brother up over the sky of New York and risk his life to save a city would suddenly start going down the dark road. Furthermore, Nathan seems to think he can start all over again with the formula. Can't do that w/o the catalyst and Petrelli Sr. had that. Who knows.

Cool on Ando's powers!

Hiro needs his back.

Peter has a power? Just one? Or all of them back?

The next volume looks interesting.

...No way that Nathan, the guy who would fly his brother up over the sky of New York and risk his life to save a city would suddenly start going down the dark road....

Nathan's always been a really unanchored character in all of the Heroes that I've seen, which every episode up to a few weeks ago. Hell, they started this season with Nathan suddenly having a turn to God, but that quickly evaporated for no reason. For how devout he suddenly became after surviving being shot, he just as suddenly stopped talking about God and his newfound devoutness.

Nathan is a windsock, he turns whichever direction the writers are blowing. According to what I've read, the writers weren't even sure they weren't going to have the gun shots actually kill Nathan until they started writing this season and decided to keep him alive.

Awful episode, awful season, will not watch anymore.

Knock bio mom out and she won't burn the place anymore. That's been shown to work other times. Leaving Sylar like that is stupid. Cut his freakin head off to make sure he doesn't come back. How the heck did Saresh survive the blast since it exploded with him still in the room? They bring back Hiro by making that girl run faster than light so she can travel through time? Really?

Horrible writers are to be blamed for this utter failure after a good first season. They would write an episode and then spend the next episode trying to get themselves out of the crap they wrote before. This went on for all of season 2 and 3. People also changed from episode to episode. It took Londo and Gkar 4 years to finally tolerate each other and another 20 to become friends. But Nathan and Sylar would change on a whim.

You had promise and you screwed it up. Bring back the 4400!

Back