• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Peter Woodward Cruise

raisincajuns

Regular
I found this post in The History Channel thread if anyone is interested.

Peter Woodward is considering cruising the Caribbean in early 2005 and wants to invite his fans to join the fun.
If you would like to receive a brochure about Peter's upcoming cruise once the details are finalized please advise of your:

Name:
Postal Address, City, State, Zip:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Total number of guests in your party:
Age range of the guests(including yourself):

As an aid to Peter, please also include information on your source of information (where you found this notice). Thank you.

You can email: pwoodward at yahoo.com

Is it just me, or does anyone else find this a little pathetic? What does he plan to do? Wander around the cruise ship saying, "Look at me"?

Rather sad if this is what an actor has to resort to.

I don't think it's "pathetic" at all.

I'm assuming Peter wants to do something for and with his fans. Rather than waiting for some con organizer to put it together, and invite him, he's decided to be proactive and do it himself. I'm sure that Mr. Woodward is well aware of instances where fans have been charged high dollar value for something of this nature, and where the con organizers have neglected to bother playing the talent. Last I heard a number of the people who appeared at "Voice of the Resistance" were never paid the fees that they had been promised by the con organizer, and I'm sure that that isn't the only example.

Any financial losses that come from this event will be Mr. Woodwards, and I'm sure he knows that, which is why he's trying to gauge how much interest there might be. If it's a small loss it still might be well worth it, as he'll end up with a week on a cruise liner eating good food, soaking up the sun and having the loss be tax deductable. And if there are any financial rewards they will go into his pockets, not into the hands of some third party.

I think Mr. Woodward is rather smart, and I'd like to see more artists becoming proactive and arranging their own events.

I agree with Moyra -- besides it is still in the planning stages and at this point they are getting numbers, etc. to see how many fans would be interested. May I also point out that PW is not just a one hit wonder?? Many of us fans also enjoy his hosting and writing abilities. I believe that a lot of this has to do with the fact that most of us (fans of PW) not only wish to discuss Crusade but we also ask questions about History (Egypt, etc) which is of interest to PW as well as his show Conquest. Unfortunately, a lot of our questions get put by the wayside because there is just not enough time at a con.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back