• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

SFC (US) Alert - B5 Schedule Change

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FlarnChef:
I was worried they were gonna nix it altogether........or put it on at some obscene hour.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

B5 is still doing fairly well in the ratings, from what I've seen. Not as well as during the first rerun cycle, but it's been popping up with .6 in the SFC Top Ten a few times. So there's no real danger, for the moment.

(Hm. FlarnChef. Iron Chef Minbari? Tonight's ingredient is... Spoo!!!)

(Oh, sorry. Neurons misfiring. Ignore that.)

-- Marty

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:
The more subtle implications of that schedule are that B5 is apparently being used as a lead-in for Final Conflict.
I.E. the network apparently hopes that a lot of B5 fans will stick around and watch Conflict if it follows immediately.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. And - better yet - they've sandwiched E:FC between two popular shows, probably figuring that people who wanted to watch both B5 and Farscape would simply keep E:FC on simply out of laziness. Which tactic doesn't always work, of course...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
They believe that the average B5 fan is not interested in watching the 6:00 News shows.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which might've been a safer bet a few months ago...

-- Marty

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MartinRoth:
And - better yet - they've sandwiched E:FC between two popular shows, probably figuring that people who wanted to watch both B5 and Farscape would simply keep E:FC on simply out of laziness.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Or that they might get hooked on the brilliant 1st season, and then stick around for a while afterwards, hoping that the show will recover from Tribune's massive lobotomizing of the show (which it sadly never did
frown.gif
).

------------------
"When I want your opinion I'll beat it out of you, ok?" (audio)
-- Ranma-chan, A Leotard is a Girl's Burden, Ranma 1/2

drakh@spamcop.net

DAMN!
mad.gif
Why do I have to live in Europe? Last B5 thingies that were shown here... 'bout year ago.. were all of the movies.. In the beginning etc. Damn! SOrry for my bad language but, as Duke said.. This really pisses me off.
mad.gif

------------------
Logical thinking - Perfect weapon

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>They believe that the average B5 fan is not interested in watching the 6:00 News shows.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Which might've been a safer bet a few months ago...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never watch the six o'clock local news unless there is a hurricane threatening or a major local story going. If I want news I go to one of several 24-hour news channels or news sites on the 'web. Why should I only get the news when the TV station thinks I should get it?
smile.gif
I haven't watched the national news on any of the three major broadcast networks in years, but I don't find myself any less well informed. (And they'll all be real disappointed when I turn in my Neilsen diary next week and find I haven't watched a single local or broadcast show during the last week.)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Iron Flarn Chef<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would have to be a mini-series, since it takes days to prepare certain Minbari ritual meals.
smile.gif
I suspect this is the reason that Minbari television cancelled Cooking with Lennier in late 2263.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

[This message has been edited by Joseph DeMartino (edited November 25, 2001).]

JoeDM,
Did you manage to see at least 2 episodes of Babylon 5?

------------------
Andrew Swallow

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drakh:
and then stick around for a while afterwards, hoping that the show will recover from Tribune's massive lobotomizing of the show
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It'll be interesting to see whether that happens... if we can find out, of course...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
I never watch the six o'clock local news unless there is a hurricane threatening or a major local story going. If I want news I go to one of several 24-hour news channels or news sites on the 'web. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I generally do that as well. But does either of us qualify as an "average" fan, do you think?
smile.gif

(Plus, there was a major local story going, had I been home in the NY area to watch it rather than in exile in Maryland. )

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>(And they'll all be real disappointed when I turn in my Neilsen diary next week and find I haven't watched a single local or broadcast show during the last week.)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, some of them certainly won't be disappointed. The ones who work in cable, for instance...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
That would have to be a mini-series, since it takes days to prepare certain Minbari ritual meals.
smile.gif
I suspect this is the reason that Minbari television cancelled Cooking with Lennier in late 2263.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh? You mean it wasn't just a conspiracy because the people at MNT didn't understand cooking shows and wanted to add sex and violence? <running away>

------------------
-- Marty
"I should probably come up with something clever to put in this sig."

No, No, Cooking With Lennier was cancelled after that regrettable accident with the English Cooking Sherry.
It wasn't Lennier's fault no one told him it was Alcoholic.
I mean, who ever heard of using an Alcoholic beverage as a Spice?

And, all the injured stagehands DID recover. Mostly.

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back