• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

SFC (US) Alert - B5 Schedule Change

MartinRoth

Regular
Some information that may be of interest:

The Sci-Fi Channel (US) today released its preliminary January 2002 schedule, and...

Babylon 5 is moving to Monday through Friday at 6 PM ET/PT, starting Wednesday, January 3.

The 7 PM slot is being taken by reruns of Earth: Final Conflict. Hercules slots in just before B5 at 5 PM, with Farscape remaining at 8 PM on Monday through Thursday.

Other schedule news:

As previously reported, the B5: Legend of the Rangers movie premieres on Saturday 1/19 at 9 PM ET/PT. Now also announced are an immediate repeat at 11 PM ET/PT, plus an airing on Sunday 1/20 at 5 PM ET/PT.

The other movies are popping up again as well:
Monday 1/14: In the Beginning at 9 PM ET/PT
Tuesday 1/15: Thirdspace at 9 PM ET/PT
Wednesday 1/16: River of Souls at 9 PM ET/PT
Thursday 1/17: A Call to Arms at 9 PM ET/PT
Sunday 1/20: The Gathering at 3 PM ET/PT

And Crusade gets rerun once again, running weekday (early) afternoons from Wednesday 1/3 through Friday 1/18 at 1 PM ET/PT.

Holiday B5 preemptions include Thursday 11/22 (tomorrow, but you all knew that, right?), Monday-Tuesday 12/24-25, Monday-Tuesday 12/31-1/1, and Monday 1/21.

And finally, for some odd reason, the schedule lists the B5 episode "Conflicts of Interest" on both January 14 and 15, and skips over "Exercise of Vital Powers" entirely. I'm assuming that this is simply a glitch in the schedule, but you never know...

Oh, and if you don't know who I am and don't feel there's any particular reason you should listen to anything I'm saying... well, I can't say I blame you...
smile.gif

-- Marty

------------------

I think Friday the 23rd is also a "movie" day, and not regular programming for scifi. It's what they usually do for the Thanksgiving break.

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

"I think I speak for Mr. Bloom and myself when I say: you are the only director in the World who can do justice to 'Springtime For Hitler' " - Zero Mostel, The Producers

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
I think Friday the 23rd is also a "movie" day, and not regular programming for scifi. It's what they usually do for the Thanksgiving break.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but B5 is not (currently) running on Fridays anyway, so that's why Martin didn't mention it.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MartinRoth:
Babylon 5 is moving to Monday through Friday at 6 PM ET/PT, starting Wednesday, January 3.

The 7 PM slot is being taken by reruns of Earth: Final Conflict.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>A potentialy smart move, if they stick to their previous plant to restart at the beginig. B5 fans should be prone to enjoying the first season of the show.

------------------
"When I want your opinion I'll beat it out of you, ok?" (audio)
-- Ranma-chan, A Leotard is a Girl's Burden, Ranma 1/2

drakh@spamcop.net

Good! It's back to Monday through Friday. And 6 PM isn't so bad, even though I will really see it at 3PM (I live on the west coast, but have the east coast feed).

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

Marty, I feel like I should recognize your name for some odd reason - where are you from? Are you on the moderated newsgroup - ?

Anyway, thanks for the information. I was gonna go hunting soon for B5 airings in January, and it's nice to have it all in one place.

Good to see that SFC is supporting Rangers with airings from the original series. The more people hooked, the better.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

Marty is in many places in many guises.
smile.gif

I'm sure he's been around the *.mod, but I know him (for a long time it seems) from Compuserve, and later from the TNT site (and other places I'm sure, of which he'll remind me in due course.) His information is always reliable.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Right.

Besides, why on Earth would someone create a post just to lie about B5 airings in such detail?

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

[This message has been edited by channe (edited November 23, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MartinRoth:
Some information that may be of interest:

And Crusade gets rerun once again, running weekday (early) afternoons from Wednesday 1/3 through Friday 1/18 at 1 PM ET/PT.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops. Typo January 2nd.

Wed, January 2 1:00 PM CRUSADE RACING THE NIGHT
Thu, January 3 1:00 PM CRUSADE THE NEEDS OF EARTH
Fri, January 4 1:00 PM CRUSADE THE MEMORY OF WAR
Mon, January 7 1:00 PM CRUSADE THE LONG ROAD
Tue, January 8 1:00 PM CRUSADE VISITORS FROM DOWN THE STREET
Wed, January 9 1:00 PM CRUSADE THE WELL OF FOREVER
Thu, January 10 1:00 PM CRUSADE EACH NIGHT I DREAM OF HOME
Fri, January 11 1:00 PM CRUSADE PATTERNS OF THE SOUL
Mon, January 14 1:00 PM CRUSADE THE PATH OF SORROWS
Tue, January 15 1:00 PM CRUSADE THE PATH OF SORROWS
Wed, January 16 1:00 PM CRUSADE RULING FROM THE TOMB
Thu, January 17 1:00 PM CRUSADE THE RULES OF THE GAME
Fri, January 18 1:00 PM CRUSADE WAR ZONE

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
Marty, I feel like I should recognize your name for some odd reason - where are you from? Are you on the moderated newsgroup - ?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As Joe (Hi Joe!
smile.gif
) has already mentioned, my "home base" has always been Compuserve, starting back in the days before AOL bought it and started trying to kill it off. (My original online raison d'etre was providing information on New York PTEN affiliate WWOR's rescheduling of B5 due to Mets games.) But I've popped up from time to time in various other places, including (briefly) the mod group a while back.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
Besides, why on Earth would someone create a post just to lie about B5 airings in such detail?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'd be surprised.
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
Oops. Typo January 2nd.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Er, yeah. Thanks. Made that mistake twice, it appears...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
Mon, January 14 1:00 PM CRUSADE THE PATH OF SORROWS
Tue, January 15 1:00 PM CRUSADE THE PATH OF SORROWS
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now this is interesting. These are the same days on which "Conflicts of Interest" is double-scheduled. I'm reasonably certain they'll fix it...
smile.gif

-- Marty

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> You'd be surprised. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm no newbie online (been 'round since the early '90s) and it always makes me really amused to realize that people out there actually do have the time and inclination to do stuff like that...

------------------

Now this is interesting. These are the same days on which "Conflicts of Interest" is double-scheduled. I'm reasonably certain they'll fix it...
smile.gif

-- Marty

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also, Where's Appearances and Other Deceits?

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

*sigh
I was worried they were gonna nix it altogether........or put it on at some obscene hour. My flarn rests easier!
laugh.gif

------------------
"...abso-FRAGGIN-lutely, damn it! I have been studying your use of lauguage since our last discussion. Do you approve?"

The more subtle implications of that schedule are that B5 is apparently being used as a lead-in for Final Conflict.
I.E. the network apparently hopes that a lot of B5 fans will stick around and watch Conflict if it follows immediately.

I understand this is a common tactic, hoping that an unpopular show can gain audience by riding the coattails of a more successful show.

What other implications are there:

They believe that the average B5 fan is not interested in watching the 6:00 News shows.

??

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

[This message has been edited by bakana (edited November 23, 2001).]

Back