• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

January 15th: Awaiting the BIG news!

FlipperPA

Regular
Well, its January 15th, and frankly, I'm very excited. I realize it might not be today, but the *big* news from JMS should be coming soon!

Then again, its only 8:38am on the West Coast.

Anyone else as excited as I am? ;-)

-Tim

Yep! Me too.

And it's 4:50pm here in UK. I've been waiting all day hoping JMS decides to get up really early to post news.

Not likely I know but what else can I do?

Defectivehead

JMS tends to get around to his internet fan stuff around midnight his time, or a bit after. Once the work of the day is done, I suppose. I remember the peculiar thrill of his name showing up on the "members present" list at the Compuserve B5 forum when I was logged in the wee hours of the morning Eastern time. (I never had the nerve to PM him, but did have the fun of reading his new posts almost as he wrote them.)

Regards,

Joe

Read this for starters.

I rather suspect there won't be anything today. Me, I'm waiting patiently, expectant and interested but not exactly bouncing up and down in my chair.

What Big news????? what am i missing :confused: someone please fill me in. was he going to tell when the next season will be released?????

The big news is that the use of multiple punctuation marks for emphasis has been outlawed world-wide. ;) (And not a moment too soon.) :D

And we already know the release date for the S5 set, at least in Region 1, it is April 13th. See the "B5 related" Forum.

Regards,

Joe

"..."there's nothing I can say about this until after January 15th, probably closer to the end of that month." -- JMS, November 30, 2003 (Emphasis added)

Sorry about the over abundance of question marks, i do that when i get excited. thanks for the heads up on Season 5. i wasnt aware. and thank you for your patience with me, as i am rather new to B5 in general, and the site to be more specific. i've gotta learn that whole 'meditation for calm' thing.

Joe, you rational, level header, spoilsport! You had to include the "probably later in that month" part, didn't you? ;-)

-Tim

Just in from JMSNEWS:

Babylon 5: The Musical!!!!!

Slated to appear are Bruce Boxleitner, Jerry Doyle, Mira Furlan, David Crowley, Jeff Conaway, Tamlyn Tomita, and Johnny Sekka, with Val Kilmer as Dr. Charlie Keffer.

Set two years after the Telepath incident on Babylon 5, Dr. Charlie Keffer seeks to find reasoning behind his brother Warren's unrelentless urge, and subsequent death, to seek out more knowledge about the mysterious Shadow vessel he had encountered. Dr. Keffer's journey takes him from Mars, to President Sheridan, and eventually to Babylon 5 itself.

Featuring all new musical numbers from Christopher Franke and a special guest appearance by N'Sync as The Telepathic Tenors, Babylon 5: The Musical is sure to capture the hearts of both old and new B5 fans alike. Slated for a November release it will arrive just in time for the holidays.

I'm not much of a musical fan, but I just can't wait! :cool:

Why must you rain on our parade Joe? Maybe JMS will pity us and tell us the big news tonight. :p And it better not be a musical. :p

We are waiting for an official announcement from the studio. Possibly more than one studio. It may be February before it/they arrive. :(

Bets on how long before Dark Horizons or Aint it Cool run the musical story as Official Headline News?

:LOL:

VB

Three minutes before he even thought of posting it. :p

I'm a pessimist by nature. So I'm thinking of Jan 15th as just the day to start anticipating JMS will give the news. Would be cool if it were today though.

-SG

The UK magazine Dreamwatch Issue 113 adds an interesting section to its report on more Babylon 5.

"
Rising Stars

Away from the Babylon 5 universe, Straczynski is involved in a new TV project. "I'm making the network rounds with the people at Marvel Productions, pitching a new series," he says. "That's all I can say about it for the moment."

The prolific writer has also resolved his dispute with comic publisher Top Cow, which saw him withhold scripts to the final three issues of his celebrated superhero title Rising Stars. "There were a number of conditions set before Top Cow in order to resolve this" confirms Straczynski, "and these conditions were met. So the finial three scripts will be turned in by late January/early February, and the Rising Stars story will be complete."

Straczynski is currently working on a new Doctor Strange mini-series for Marvel Comics and continues to write Supreme Power and Amazing Spider-Man. He is also pitching his Top Cow comic Midnight Nation as a film.

"

Rising Stars

Away from the Babylon 5 universe, Straczynski is involved in a new TV project. "I'm making the network rounds with the people at Marvel Productions, pitching a new series," he says. "That's all I can say about it for the moment."
Not sure that's our news. His previous post on JMSNEWS did say it was something in the Babylon 5 universe, and the series in the above article specifically says the series is AWAY from the Babylon 5 Universe. 2 Different things.

(I post this because historically people tend to read what they want to out of things and miss obvious facts over and over and over again)

(I post this because historically people tend to read what they want to out of things and miss obvious facts over and over and over again)
The film in Britain and/or Thiland may be one of the comic stories.

Ahhh I see your point now. Those earlier rumors about that British film company may be about the comic thing and NOT B5 like some sites were guessing. The plot thickens...

Back