B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old June 22nd 17, 05:40   #11
Looney
Commander

Re: RIP Stephen Furst :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonn View Post
I noticed him in Sorority Boys (2002) & I rember thinking... " he looks older then I thought he was." Vir was a younger character and it was just odd seeing the guy a couple years later looking way older. I walked by a TV with the NASCAR race on Sunday... the announcer mentioned this and I looked for more details on my phone, it became a sad day.

The guy made Vir a fan favorite... as an actor though he will live on.
I am very glad that so many media outlets mentioned the story. I know it is because he was an Animal House star, but it is still nice to see how many places the story ended up. I can imagine Stephen was starting to feel forgotten after the whole Academy incident. Too bad it took dying to make his name a national story.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th 17, 14:29   #12
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

Oof. I lost a friend to diabetes far too young -- it is definitely dangerous.

As I show B5 to my partner, every now and again Adrian fearfully asks, "Are they still alive?" ...knowing how many of the actors are not. And now I will have to add one more to the list. Oddly enough, until we watched War Without End the other day, Adrian was frightened that Vir the character wouldn't make it.

How long, I wonder, until the internet starts wondering if the show is outright cursed? I can almost see the Cracked article now.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th 17, 23:37   #13
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshFan View Post
How long, I wonder, until the internet starts wondering if the show is outright cursed? I can almost see the Cracked article now.
Believe me, far to many weak-brains have already postulated that very thing.

Sigh...
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th 17, 20:08   #14
Sinclair

Has JMS said anything about Furst's passing? I haven't really looked but I thought someone here might have read about his reaction or comments somewhere.
Old June 25th 17, 23:24   #15
Kraig
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
Has JMS said anything about Furst's passing? I haven't really looked but I thought someone here might have read about his reaction or comments somewhere.
An obituary in the Hollywood Reporter has social media comments about Stephen Furst's passing at the bottom of the article. A comment from JMS is the fourth one listed.

"I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anybody help me out? No. No."
-- Craig T. Nelson

Last edited by Kraig; June 25th 17 at 23:27.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th 17, 01:23   #16
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
Tweeted on June 17:
Quote:
JMichael Straczynski‏Verified account
@straczynski
Following
More
On behalf of everyone who worked on Babylon 5, Stephen Furst will be missed profoundly and everlastingly.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Old June 26th 17, 02:08   #17
Looney
Commander

Still so upsetting. I don't really frequent much social media other than boards like this, but it is nice to be able to go to Facebook and see recent posts from other cast members. They aren't all about Stephen Furst, but it is still kind of reassuring to read their words out there in the wilderness and know they are still around.
Old June 28th 17, 19:09   #18
Jan
Psi Cop

The B5 books team just sent out a mini-newsletter sharing the encyclopedia entry for Vir Cotto and a con clip in tribute to Stephen Furst.

Quote:
As many of you already know, Stephen Furst died two weeks ago on June 16th from complications from diabetes.

We were stunned. Because the Babylon 5 Books Team is in lockdown while finalizing the B5 Encyclopedia (which is on schedule), this is our first opportunity to pay tribute.

To that end we have released the complete Vir Cotto entry from the Encyclopedia, along with a video clip from his last con appearance ever with Peter "Londo" Jurasik.
http://b5books.com/2017/06/27/vir-co...h-bonus-video/
Old June 29th 17, 00:38   #19
deaded
Telepath

I just heard too. SO so sad :'(
I have no words
:'(
Old June 29th 17, 04:25   #20
Looney
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
The B5 books team just sent out a mini-newsletter sharing the encyclopedia entry for Vir Cotto and a con clip in tribute to Stephen Furst.

Quote:
As many of you already know, Stephen Furst died two weeks ago on June 16th from complications from diabetes.

We were stunned. Because the Babylon 5 Books Team is in lockdown while finalizing the B5 Encyclopedia (which is on schedule), this is our first opportunity to pay tribute.

To that end we have released the complete Vir Cotto entry from the Encyclopedia, along with a video clip from his last con appearance ever with Peter "Londo" Jurasik.
http://b5books.com/2017/06/27/vir-co...h-bonus-video/
Thanks for posting that update Jan.