• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Annoyed with Galen

One major thing that I loved about Babylon 5 (and all related stuff and the like) was how much JMS did with quoting from other things. I was watching Dune (the Scifi version) and I heard someone say "And so it begins," a quite familiar B5 tagline. Now I'm trying to figure out if it originated in Dune, or was somewhere else before. I find great fun in trying to track down where quotes originated from. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Okay, but back to Peter Woodward....he makes Patriot for me, even if he isn't in a lot of scenes, and some of the stuff that he did was left on the cutting room floor. I think the DVD has more of him, now that I think about it.

And for some stuff that's off-topic, but makes me a very happy fangirl nonetheless, the man antagonist in the Patriot is Jason Isaacs (spelled right? not sure) and he'll be appearing in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets as the nasty character Lucius Malfoy...meaning that the Patriot connects B5 to HP. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Sorry, don't mind me, I get excited easily when I think of things like this.

Hey, what's PW doing with the symbol of the Centauri Republic around his neck? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
PWinPATRIOT.jpg

I guess I should say I just re-watched ny ItB DVD yesterday.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Hey, what's PW doing with the symbol of the Centauri Republic around his neck?

[/quote]
Hmm, didn't Londo say that if anyone but the Emperor wore that symbol, they'd be executed? Oh good... /forums/images/icons/devil.gif

KoshN wrote: "Hey, what's PW doing with the symbol of the Centauri Republic around his neck?"

That's easy: Galen is having fun and went back in time so he play a British officer and decided the Centauri emperor's seal was just the thing to dress up the uniform. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by Demon: </font color>
Hmm, didn't Londo say that if anyone but the Emperor wore that symbol, they'd be executed? Oh good... /forums/images/icons/devil.gif

[/quote]

What do you people have against my buddy PW/Galen? Sheesh! Lay off or I'll use the Spell of Destruction on the lot of you. /forums/images/icons/devil.gif

KoshN wrote: "What do you people have against my buddy PW/Galen? Sheesh! Lay off or I'll use the Spell of Destruction on the lot of you."

I thought you were saving "The Spell of Destruction" for TNT. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by gangster: </font color>
I thought you were saving "The Spell of Destruction" for TNT. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

[/quote]

No, TNT would be deserving of a combined strike from a Vorlon battlecruiser, a Shadow battlecrab, and the Excalibur. The "Spell of Destruction" isn't enough fireworks to make it really satisfying on a large target like TNT. /forums/images/icons/devil.gif

KoshN wrote: "No, TNT would be deserving of a combined strike from a Vorlon battlecruiser, a Shadow battlecrab, and the Excalibur. The "The Spell of Destruction" isn't enough fireworks to make it really satisfying on a large target like TNT."

Okay, but think of how much fun it would be to watch TNT slowly fall completely apart. /forums/images/icons/devil.gif

GShans wrote: "I'd prefer KoshN's way of destroying TNT."

It would do the job but maybe someone has already invoked "The Spell of Distruction" since TNT has been slowly imploding over the past couple of years. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by NAME: </font color>
Okay, but think of how much fun it would be to watch TNT slowly fall completely apart. /forums/images/icons/devil.gif

[/quote]

Not enough "Drama". /forums/images/icons/devil.gif /forums/images/icons/devil.gif /forums/images/icons/devil.gif

[Kosh] "TNT knows drama? <font color="red">Impudent!</font color>" [/Kosh]

Just then, the Vorlon battlecruiser opens fire and completely vaporizes the TNT sign. This is followed by all three ships opening fire and slicing the place to pieces, amidst many impressive explosions. As the suits try to escape, Lyta scans them from the Vorlon battlecruiser, and mindfrags the ones responsible for screwing Crusade. The Shadow battlecrab mops them up when Lyta's through with them. /forums/images/icons/devil.gif

Then the Shadow battlecrab follows Ted through the streets, never killing him, but just rather burning his ass for miles. /forums/images/icons/devil.gif Gideon follows, playing Curly's "Whoop, Whoop, Whoop!" (from the Three Stooges) over the Excalibur's loudspeakers. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif In this manner. Ted's run out of Atlanta, permanently.

Wow! What an ending for TNT. I like it. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

GShans wrote: "i said he had the best death thoughts for TNT."

Agree. The way KoshN wants to bring fire, death and destruction down on TNT makes me sure I don't want to be on the "KoshN Hit List." He might bring a Shadow Planet Killer to bear. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

No, if I was going to do that, I'd use a Vorlon Planetkiller. A Shadow Planetkiller leaves a lifeless rock. I'd prefer to leave a loose collection of asteroids, and then propel them into the nearest star or black hole. /forums/images/icons/devil.gif

However, I wouldn't want to punish the rest of the inhabitants of the planet, so I'd just settle for the three ship method I described, and minimize collateral damage. Hell, I'd probably have Lyta encourage the innocent to leave before the destruction ensued.

Rather drastic solutions so perhaps "The Spell of Destruction" might be the best, and least bloody way to go. Or, plant a virus that scrambles TNT's signal so no one can receive it. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Plant a virus? And make it so they have 5 years to return a new B5 series (new could still be Crusade) to the airwaves (on whatever channel) and NOT mess with it or the virus becomes lethal to the TNT station? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

even better, i like, very much, but... nah, let KoshN have his way with TNT, and do that to Sci-Fi, with all their programming, not just B5.

GShans wrote: "even better, i like, very much, but... nah, let KoshN have his way with TNT, and do that to Sci-Fi, with all their programming, not just B5."

Maybe TNT first but need to wait on Scifi until SG-1 & Farscape finish their runs and they stop running B5. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Back