• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

RASTB5M postings?

No, *I'm* old, she's a spring chicken. Why...in my day, there was only one color TV in the whole neighborhood. And folks didn't have more than one TV in the house at all. And we actually had to get up to change channels (and it was uphill both ways)... ;-P

Jan

Foldable and crispy don't really go together.

The bottom crust has a thin crsipy layer that cracks when you fold it, while the flexible layer at the crust/sauce interface hold the thing together without leaks.

The Pasquale's pizza that I mentioned above would be able to pull that off. I'd just have to crack the edge crust to make the fold. It's just that I've never been tempted to eat it that way. <shrug> But then again, I usually get a small (~10" dia.) deluxe (green peppers, onions, italian sausage and pepperoni, and tell them to leave off the mushrooms) and the pieces are small enough that there's no need to fold. If I got a large, it'd be a different story. Then, folding would make sense.

if you have no idea what I'm talking about (and your use of the word "soggy" suggest you don''t) you've never had the kind of pizza I'm talking about.

Oh, I know what you mean. ;) It's just that the only "pizza" that I've been tempted to fold was the limp, soggy stuff <u>that you couldn't eat by hand any other way.</u> It was either fold it, or use a plate, knife and fork. :p I <u>HATE</u> thin pizza that droops, that you <u>have to</u> fold to eat. I like a good crunch.

Three new messages came through overnight so there may be hope yet.

There are nine new ones there, since I looked last night.

one "Prime Minister Malachi"
seven "Re: Rising Star: my review"
and
one "B5 merchandise available again when TLT launched?"

Prior to this, what I've been seeing are not new messages, but instead old ones that show up as unread, even though they were marked as read yesterday. Stuff that shows up as new/unread even though there have already been responses which show up as read.

Yes, yes. I'm old. I turned 44 this October. Now, if you're going to mock your elders, at least come closer so I can see you without my spectacles, and so I can take a good poke at you with my walker! :D

Prior to this, what I've been seeing are not new messages, but instead old ones that show up as unread, even though they were marked as read yesterday. Stuff that shows up as new/unread even though there have already been responses which show up as read.

Mac, are you sure this isn't some peculiarity of your newsreader? I've heard you make this comment before, but have never had that happen myself. I've even checked the newsgroup right after you've posted that comment, to see if it's a momentary problem. I've just never, ever seen anything like that. It almost seems like it would have to be a local problem.

Yes, yes. I'm old. I turned 44 this October. Now, if you're going to mock your elders, at least come closer so I can see you without my spectacles, and so I can take a good poke at you with my walker! :D

But you look early twenty's :)

:angel:

Well, my inquiry about the Mongoose posts has finally materialized. My Dave Cockrum thread seems to have vanished into sector 14, or at least the Babylon Triangle.

No answer from JMS, so far, but we'll have to wait and see.

Regards,

Joe

Mac, are you sure this isn't some peculiarity of your newsreader? I've heard you make this comment before, but have never had that happen myself. I've even checked the newsgroup right after you've posted that comment, to see if it's a momentary problem. I've just never, ever seen anything like that. It almost seems like it would have to be a local problem.

I'm using OE6, and it only happens when the newsgroup starts acting funky for everybody (defined as the group playing 100% dead for days on end, or only certain threads getting traffic, JoeD's posts going to Sector 14, etc.). Then, I check the directory display of groups and it looks like the groups gotten new messages, and I think "Yay, it's fixed." However, once I go into the group, I see that none of them are really new. They're all either double-taps (repeats with the date date/time stamp), or existing messages highlighted like they're new, but their date/time stamps are old.

Joe, you left out the most important part of all the good NYC pizza I ever had! It is swimming in spicy pizza grease, almost as thick as the cheese. You soak up the pizza grease that runs on the plate, or tray, with the crusts. Without the grease, it is just some wannabe NY pizza. We have a pizza place here, called NYPD, for New York Pizza Depot, and theirs is greasy, but not as much as the real thing.

Foldable and crispy don't really go together.

But that's just it - they do when somebody gets the crust and the toppings just right, bakes it all in the right kind of oven at the right temperature (anything under 500 degrees farenheit cannot produce anything worthy of the name pizza and it has to cook by dry, indirect heat, either brick or charcoal) and serves it fresh. The bottom crust has a thin crsipy layer that cracks when you fold it, while the flexible layer at the crust/sauce interface hold the thing together without leaks. if you have no idea what I'm talking about (and your use of the word "soggy" suggests you don''t) you've never had the kind of pizza I'm talking about.

Regards,

Joe

In Scotland you get deep fried pizza,I kid you not.Somehow I get the feeling this is not normal :LOL:

I've never had one BTW,just seen them.I go for battered haggis,which is a haggis that was difficult to catch :devil:

I'm not quite sure where the grease on NYC pizzas comes from, as it is on vegetarian pizzas too. One possibility is higher quality mozzarella, with a higher fat content. Full-cream mozzarella makes for a really greasy pizza. In fact, with full cream, the cheese actually doesn't 'string' when you pull it apart, because the cheese doesn't stick together.

But, it's NOT from frying... betcha there is a US state fair somewhere that makes deep fried pizza... :eek:

anything short of human flesh...deep fried squirrel and snake kabashs (sp?) are not bad. I ain't tried the rat though (gotta know where to draw the line).

Re: rastb5m

Baaaaaack on topic. Re. rastb5m newsgroup, has anybody communicated with the mods. since the group quit responding 01/02/2007 at about 915AM EST (GMT-5)?

I figure it might be because JMS replied (first time in about two years :eek:) to not one but two of my posts, and that set the Earth off it's axis or something.

Last edited:
Yes, Jay's aware of it. Not sure exactly what the problem is as yet. At first it was something with the drive being full, now I'm not sure.

But, yeah, it's probably all your fault! :p

Jan

anything short of human flesh...

Oh, I'm sure if you looked real close at carnivals in certain parts of some states you mght be surprised. :)

Jay reported having some kind of trouble with his ISP. Apparently the gerbil that turns the wheel to power the DNS server got sick or the "2 Dixie Cups and a String" backbone went down. Evidently the guys who run Bob's Feed Store and Intenet Emporium never heard of the concept of "redundancy" (except in relation to the experiences of the ninth grade) so if something breaks it stays broke until Mr. Haney can have some parts brought in on the Canonball. :)

Regards,

Joe

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back