• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Caprica

Alluveal

Regular
I couldn't find an old one, so I'm creating this.

Curious who stuck with it all season? I just finished the latest episode, and holeeeeeeeeeyyyyy cow.

Wow!

I've watched it all season. I like it. I think I'm most impressed with the visual style of it. I love the look of Caprica City.

Like most sci-fi TV shows now, though, I think it's a little too dark at times. It's one thing to have flawed characters, but it's a little hard to sympathize with most of the characters on the show. The closest I come to that is with Joseph & Tamara Adama. They're both unfortunate victims of circumstances beyond their control.

The show also contains a few pet peeves of mine... I think Ron Moore is obsessed with cigarettes & suicide.

I liked the mid-season finale, but I'm not sure I loved it. I may have to watch it again to let it sink in more.

I'm really enjoying it. I LOVE the look as well--the whole city. The intro is fantastic, imho. I could watch it over and over again.

I'm still waiting for Greystone to pull something out of his bum, here. I like him as the powerful genius. I also think (from seeing the previews) that he and Adama will work together again--perhaps to help one another out of their "dark holes" so to say.

I'm excited! I think Eric Stoltz and Esai Morales are really shining stars in this.

I've watched it all, religiously and am enjoying it. Anxious for the rest of the first season. Miles above SGU in entertainment value, IMHO.

Watched all the way through. I can't decide if I like it or not. My wife hated it because it was so dark. My favorite character is Uncle Adama (the hit man).

Oddly enough I never even tuned into this. Perhaps Ill catch up with it after Season 1 ends and I can get it on Netflix or on the Internet or something.

The show finally got up to speed last week, conitinued building this week, and now, it's cancelled due to lack of ratings.

Adding Insult to Injury, the last 5 eps are being held until sometime next year, they're not even allowing us to see it through. Not sure if there's one more episode next week, or if that's all we get for now <sigh>

My hope is they'll write and film a couple more episodes or a Mini-series to finish it all up and that'll be worth waiting for, otherwise, it's very abusive.

Last edited:
The show finally got up to speed last week, conitinued building this week, and now, it's cancelled due to lack of ratings.

Adding Insult to Injury, the last 5 eps are being held until sometime next year, they're not even allowing us to see it through. Not sure if there's one more episode next week, or if that's all we get for now <sigh>

My hope is they'll write and film a couple more episodes or a Mini-series to finish it all up and that'll be worth waiting for, otherwise, it's very abusive.

Has it been officially cancelled? I figured it was coming - last week's episode only got 718,000 viewers, which comes out to Universal paying out something like $4.17 per viewer - but Syfy was insisting they were in it for the long haul even a week or two ago. It's dropped nearly half a million viewers since the cliffhanger. Ratings were never great to begin with, but that's a stunning drop.

Which is a shame, because it was almost a very good show. I've been very flattering to it over on Republibot.com, excepting the first three after the break.

Has it been officially cancelled? I figured it was coming - last week's episode only got 718,000 viewers, which comes out to Universal paying out something like $4.17 per viewer - but Syfy was insisting they were in it for the long haul even a week or two ago. It's dropped nearly half a million viewers since the cliffhanger. Ratings were never great to begin with, but that's a stunning drop.

Which is a shame, because it was almost a very good show. I've been very flattering to it over on Republibot.com, excepting the first three after the break.
Yea, they had said a decision was forthcoming by Nov15 and apparently it's been made. The rest of S1.5 is all in the can, so, no ending. As I mentioned, maybe while they're waiting until next year to air the rest, they'll write and film some kind of ending.

Apparently, there's a new spin off coming, set 10 years into the Cylon War Called Blood and Chrome, that will be more action oriented. They always talked about the probability that Carica would make a jump forward in time after a couple seasons, so maybe that's how they're continuing it/retooling it, is by jumping forward and renaming it.

Yea, they had said a decision was forthcoming by Nov15 and apparently it's been made. The rest of S1.5 is all in the can, so, no ending. As I mentioned, maybe while they're waiting until next year to air the rest, they'll write and film some kind of ending.

Apparently, there's a new spin off coming, set 10 years into the Cylon War Called Blood and Chrome, that will be more action oriented. They always talked about the probability that Carica would make a jump forward in time after a couple seasons, so maybe that's how they're continuing it/retooling it, is by jumping forward and renaming it.

Caprica was a hard sell from the getgo, and I think NBC and Syfy both knew they never had much chance of getting a second season. Certainly by the time they brought in the new writing crew around eps 6/7 they knew they were on a sinking ship. As such, there's a good chance you'll get a fair degree of closure in the finale. It won't wrap up everything as they'd need to leave some stuff open just in case they got renewed, but the trend nowadays is to give a fairly solid chapter ending at the conclusion of a season, as it helps DVD sales immeasurably: witness Kings and Defying Gravity.

They absolutely positively will not make a movie. Not gonna' happen. Syfy can't get their crap together to make Stargate movies that are already written, and which people actually *want* to see. There's no way in heck they're going to plunk down $10 million to close out a story no one bothered to watch in the first place.

"Blood and Chrome" was originally intended as a webseries, a kind of weather baloon to see if there was any interest. They ended up bumping it up to series status, but from what I can see, it's developed far more independently than Caprica was. It's definitely *not* a retooling/rebranding any more than, say, Legend of the Rangers was a retooled version of Crusade. It's a different series.

Well, a different movie of the week. If it gets good ratings (And it will), then it'll go to series, and you *do* have a pretty good chance of them working in the resolution of some dangling threads from Caprica, in much the same way the DCAU used JLU to resolve dangling threads from "Batman Beyond." It wasn't the purpose of the show, but they figured 'why not?'

I really enjoyed Caprica. Though it does seem to suffer from some of the same issues we saw in BSG (too much time spent dancing AROUND the interesting conflict and not enough time spent pursuing that conflict to its resolution).

I thought Eric Stoltz and Esai Morales were really the highlights for me. I cared more about the political/corporate intrigue and the organized crime element than I did the STO/terrorist element. I could have watched Morales and Stoltz alone and still tuned in every week.

I sincerely hope that they do plan to move forward with some of these characters into the next spinoff, though I'm not remembering the timeline. If it's 50 years in the future, Greystone will likely be dead (as will Joseph Adama), but perhaps they still will live on in V-world. :)

The Esai Morales comment is interesting. To be honest, I think he was miscast. He has these moments where he's got a weary charm to him, so I totally understand how he got the part, but any scene he's in w/ Stoltz is effectively a scene Stoltz is in by himself. (Excepting the "Until your daughter blew her up" in the most recent ep.) I also think Clarice, Zoe, and Tamara were miscast, and while Lacey was cast well, the producers seemed intent on misusing her. Despite all that, though, I genuinely liked the show.

It felt like they bumped up Clarice to co-lead, and dropped Esai to supporting player for a number of episodes there, and it's interesting that all those eps feel basically off-balance, and generally not as good as the others.

I totally completely absolutely without reservation agree that the corporate/mob stuff (Which WAS what the show was supposed to be about, apparently) was far more interesting than the very poorly thought out Terrorist/Religion aspects.

Yeah, I don't pretend to understand that. The episodes are shot and in the can, everything's paid for, Syfy never gets amazing ratings anyway (2 million is a very big day for them), so why not show it?

I could understand if they just wanted to dump the final 5 on DVD as an incentive for fans to buy it, but they insist they're going to run them sometime next year. Why then and not now?

Syfy Channel is showing all 5 of the remaining Caprica Episodes, all in one shot on Jan 4, 2011.

This also happens to be the Night of the Premiere of V S2, makes it appear Syfy might want to do the last little bit of damage to "V" they can <Sigh>

Syfy Channel is showing all 5 of the remaining Caprica Episodes, all in one shot on Jan 4, 2011.

This also happens to be the Night of the Premiere of V S2, makes it appear Syfy might want to do the last little bit of damage to "V" they can <Sigh>

Did anyone watch the final episodes of Caprica?

Did anyone watch the final episodes of Caprica?
I recorded them all, and will begin watching them over the next week, to finish out the series

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back