• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Season 5 - Dull?

Seemed to me more like she had a stick up her ass, rather than being a badass. I don't dislike a woman for being a badass, or like a woman for being badass. It is the nature of their badassery that is important. To tell you the truth, her attitude reminded me a bit of John Wayne. I didn't like him either... :D

Seemed to me more like she had a stick up her ass, rather than being a badass. I don't dislike a woman for being a badass, or like a woman for being badass. It is the nature of their badassery that is important. To tell you the truth, her attitude reminded me a bit of John Wayne. I didn't like him either... :D

Good point..the reasons that make people the way they are are more revealing than their attitudes...

I`d have to qualify my statement a little...I like a woman that isn`t the token 'oh help i`m in trouble again I need a big strong man' character...I like to see a woman portrayed as capable, and not just be the token T&A...

But I do like to see a woman who isn`t afraid to slug a guy, if the situation warrants it..;)

I didn't like Lochley my first time through season five, but she's since grown on me far more than I would've ever thought she would.

Some of her performances were a little wooden, IMO, but overall I liked her...and the character..

I think the point that caused me to begin to reconsider Lochley was in "Day of the Dead" when she talks to Zoe about whether or not Zoe overdosed on purpose. Those were some painful and sad moments.

Lochley did better when JMS started to write her as an independent character and not one picking up half of Ivanova's threads. He wrote it by playing up to Tracy's acting talents (as not her physical ones, which have featured in most of her pervious gigs). And she got likeable. I loved seeing her in TLT, and she clearly relished playing Lochley again.

Season 5 was different, but has its strengths and the final 6 or so episodes were superb.

I didn't like Lochley my first time through season five, but she's since grown on me far more than I would've ever thought she would.

That seems to be a popular sentiment. Many hated her, or just didn't warm up to her at first, but, a good percentage seem to have found themselves liking her on their second viewing (and beyond) of S5. Of course not everyone came to eventually like her, but, it seems many did change their opinion with more exposure to her episodes.

I found Lochley to be a bit wooden - worthy of being in Star Trek. Could be the acting as much as the character. (I also notice she had a lot of shouty scenes, but couldn't shout convincingly - like she hadn't done a lot of shouting but should've - and came across weaker than the script). But then, I'm pretty critical of a lot of things!

Hmm...well, she does excellent sexy...she has a bod to die for..;)

Back