• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 Reboot?? Is it true??!!?!

The reboot sounds like it might be headed beyond the Rim. I would personally like to see the sfx on the original updated instead.

Hmmm...

Well, if we know nothing else, we know JMS likes to screw with us (as far as what's coming up), and that he is anything but predictable. I'm still crossing my fingers. In the mean time I'm re-reading the novels. I'm halfway through Book 1, "Voices". It's pretty good, not as bad as I remember. It's just that we had such amazing writing with Peter David and Jeanne Cavelos that it's tough to compare.

I am not sure I"m remembering this correctly, but I think we all knew that any decision on B5 moving forward was kind of on hold until 2023. So I've been hoping we might her something whenever networks do their season planning (whenever that is).

I'm confused about some kind of feature that sounded like it was wrapped up already, or close to it. Something that some speculated might be animated? I'm not sure what's up with that, but the Reboot itself I think is still waiting to see how the new network wants to move forward.

The reboot sounds like it might be headed beyond the Rim. I would personally like to see the sfx on the original updated instead.

I'd like to see a Crusade reboot, with new actors where necessary (e.g. Unfortunately, Gary Cole is busy with NCIS.) with as much as possible of the existing scripts, with TNT-Atlanta's pernicious adulteration removed, and the scripts in a not TNT-Atlanta mandated order. I hope we could get Peter Woodward back as Galen.

A b5 animation, new movie. Well. we should be talking about this!

I need to get the new forum up and going so we can get some fan the flames under this new project.

In addition to that, I'd like to see the story that got cut short, continued, i.e. Crusade.

In addition to that, I'd like to see the story that got cut short, continued, i.e. Crusade.
Me too. Although I guess from a commercial point, and trying to fan the flames of resuscitating the franchise, they'll want to go for more well known 'core' B5.

Certainly, Crusade didn't reach enough of its audience, which is too bad. But I can't imagine it is high on anyone's list at this point. Maybe if a true reboot of the original series makes it to the small screen...

Reactions: Jan

Latest posts

Members online

Back