• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Eureka (2006-2012)

EPISODE 4.9
I'LL BE SEEING YOU

IMDB SYNOPSIS: Mid-Season Finale Closer than they've ever been before, Allison (Salli Richardson-Whitfield) and Carter (Colin Ferguson) join forces personally as well as professionally when Jo (Erica Cerra) and Fargo (Neil Grayston) enlist them to help find a stolen Global Dynamics project.

LIKED.....
Honestly this episode would have blown my mind if they just rolled with it, but they didn't.

DIDN'T LIKE......
Let's just say if you were watching Eureka for reasons other than I am watching Eureka this might have been your favorite episode. Since I am not watching Eureka for those reasons it was definitely not a favorite episode.

This isn't a bad episode, but when the intensity lacks real weight it isn't very intense. When you know something they have done will be immediately undone because of the softness of the show then it is very meh. I do like some of the plot elements they are playing with so I didn't hate the episode or anything. Just another of many that could have/should have been better than they are, but clearly the entire series was misguided.

I am growing quite concerned about my next choice, Warehouse 13. If these shows are connected I am worried. But you don't worry I have given up any plans to write about it. This exercise has proven to be a colossal waste of time and effort on my part as well as you the reader whom is not reading this. The show has had a lot of fun moments and most episodes have fun moments, but overall the series to date could have been so much more than it is. I'm worried this opinion is going to hold true for Warehouse 13 as well.

​EPISODE 4.10
O LITTLE TOWN...

My SYNOPSIS: TOTALLY MESSED UP CHRISTMAS EPISODE.

LIKED.....
Seeing some of the guest stars.

DIDN'T LIKE.....
BASICALLY EVERYTHING. I'm going to go into a long-winded rant on this one, and it won't even contain much in the realm of spoilers.

So this is a Christmas Episode. That's fine. All the Christmas stuff they did was fine. The disaster of the week was meh. Where this episode completely fell apart was execution.

O LITTLE TOWN... is meant to be a flashback episode narrated by Carter. So we get guest stars whom were previously on the show because it is supposed to be taking place in the past. We are forced to indulge the fact that while these guest stars look different they are meant to be from a set point far enough in the past that four Eureka youths around the age of twelve don't recall this Christmas disaster of the week. Keeping in mind that their parents might have successfully kept the disaster from them there are certain aspects of the disaster the entire town would have known, but it never registers with these kids during the storytelling. Meh not the worst thing ever, but still an oversight.

Another sub-par quality was that it was meant to be a narrated story. They just didn't do a great job with that aspect of it.

The worst part of the episode is that it tries to demonstrate it is from the past, but it forgets to take into account Season Four is in an alternate timeline. ?HOW DO YOU MAKE THAT MISTAKE?!?!?!?! You bring back characters whom have long left Eureka, but you forget there are five characters living in an alternate timeline. These five characters were living different lives in Original Timeline Carter's past, but this story doesn't account for that. Original Timeline Carter is narrating the story, but he couldn't know a story from the long ago past that had Jo as the Head of GD Security, Fargo as the Head of GD, and Allison as the Chief GD Medical Officer. They should have all been in their original timeline rolls.

Possibly the worst example that points to this mistake is that they POINTLESSLY have Alternate Timeline Kevin in the episode. His appearance serves no purpose, but points to their timeline mistake. ?????It is crazy.

I WISH I could say Carter is telling the story and he could have changed things around so the kids wouldn't question why Fargo wasn't the head of Global Dynamics, but the way the story played out it was necessary for everyone to be in their alternate timeline rolls. I could say the entire story was fabricated by Carter's imagination, but that is even more ridiculous.

Granted in this episode they did not establish how long the characters have been in the alternate timeline, but it would have to be more than a year as these characters living in the alternate timeline seem to be acclimated to that alternate timeline. It also has to have been longer than a year because a sixth character living in an alternate timeline is not in the episode. If it is truly longer than a year or even years, that would be a HUGE leap forward in time from where we left off.

Yes in the end there are ways a viewer could try to extrapolate justification for the enormous oversights of the episode, but is that what is supposed to happen? Should a viewer be forced to try to make connections that really aren't possible in the given Universe this story is playing in? The reality is the writing and execution of the episode just lacked oversight and forethought and the observant viewer is left with the mess. ​

EPISODE 4.11
LIFTOFF

IMDB SYNOPSIS: Carter lands in an awkward situation after S. A. R. A. H. And Andy's nuptials hit a snag; Zane keeps harassing Jo for details; an unscheduled launch presents trouble for the gang.

LIKED.....
Honestly not much I liked in this one with the exception of a few jokes.

DIDN'T LIKE.....
Just about everything. Just look at the synopsis spoiler. They are even bringing romance to the Artificial Intelligence. REALLY didn't like Carter being and insecure little &@5$*. :scream:

Finding it VERY difficult to continue this exploration. I watched this episode a week ago and had to force myself to come write something down about it. :rolleyes::wtf::rolleyes:

EVERYONE'S FAVORITE THREAD TO READ IS BACK!!!!!! :guffaw:

EPISODE 4.12
REPRISE

IMDB Synopsis: When Eurekans start behaving oddly, Carter scours the town for a cause - never suspecting that Allison, miles from home, is the one facing real danger.

(That synopsis isn't entirely accurate. There is a LOT of real danger in the "A" Plot.)

LIKED.....
Hmmmm Idk. I both like and dislike Felicia Day so it is a toss up. :D On the whole not a terrible episode, but it had it's disappointments.

DIDN'T LIKE.....
I mean there really wasn't much I didn't care for in this episode. It was actually pretty decent. My two big complaints would be the Jo / Zane stuff :brickwall: And the UTTER PREDICTABILITY of the Allison "B" Plot. :rolleyes:

So after many an episode I struggled to get through this one wasn't half bad. Maybe taking a month plus break was a good thing. ;)

EPISODE 4.13
GLIMPSE

IMDB Synopsis: Carter and Jo try out Zane's new high-powered risk assessment system, but find that even it may not be a match for the dangerous level of competition among Eureka's scientists.

SPECIAL GUEST WIL WHEATON IS BACK!!!!! :thumbsup:
LIKED.....
I actually really enjoyed this one, especially having Wil Wheaton back. I really liked the idea of risk assessment lenses they were testing. Some of it got quite ridiculous, but I liked the concept.

DIDN'T LIKE.....
The usual relationship garbage they force in every episode. BUT on the whole I enjoyed this episode more than most. And why does it ALWAYS have to end with a town or world threatening disaster?!?!?!?!?! It just seems like some terrible rule they were told they have to follow. It is quite uninspired, unimaginative, and it hurts the show sooooo much. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So yeah I would give this episode a 7/10 on the enjoyment scale. That is actually pretty high praise given that most of what I have watched since early Season 3 I would say peaks with a 5/10 on the RARE high end. :LOL:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back