B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old June 29th 18, 18:35   #31
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: Read Between The Episodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
this might just be me but after re-watching "Divided Loyalties" they way they filmed it is seemed the hinted at a "one off between" Talia Winters and Claudia Christian--again might just be me--
Not just hinted. Talia was reaching for Ivanova in Ivanova's bed when she woke up alone. That's about as blatant as it could get back then!
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th 18, 14:14   #32
Looney
Ambassador

Re: Read Between The Episodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Not just hinted. Talia was reaching for Ivanova in Ivanova's bed when she woke up alone. That's about as blatant as it could get back then!
Think of what it would be today. . . . .They would just be a couple.

I think one of the most brilliant things about it is how subdued it was. At the time it made you question whether it was real or if you were imagining it. I think the only issue with Talia/Susan is that we didn't get just a little bit more of it. Part of what makes it great is that it was just touched on and then it was gone. If there had been just a little more and then it was over I think it would be perfect.

Of course I don't think there is anything JMS could have done because circumstance changed that situation. It is an interesting line of thought to try to imagine where they would have gone had Thompson remained. I mean there was a LOT of story left to tell so it would have been more of a slow burn. I obviously JMS sped things up for those two because he wanted to get it in before Thompson was gone. Had she remained they might not have been a couple until the end of the series. As it happened I think it worked out great. I would only want to add to how it actually happened with a little more social interaction in earlier episodes, so maybe viewers suspect a bit more before that bed scene. I don't mean them walking around holding hands or anything, just a bit more of them being friendly with each other to build up suspicion and suspense.

And that is another way Looney would make Babylon 5 even better.

Last edited by Looney; June 30th 18 at 14:16.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote