• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Star Wars TV Series still a long ways off

Sindatur

Regular
This is surprising, I was under the impression it was already being written for some time now. According to this, it's still at least 18 months away and still in concept phase.

Oh, and Lucas is apparently going back to the well again with rereleases in the next couple of years, this time with 3-D versions, when there are enough 3-d theatres to make it worth while. I wonder if he'll make any more changes ;)

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=35849&type=0

Topic A) Good. I'm still a little "Star Wars'ed out."

Topic B) If you thought Leia's "hair buns" were big, wait til you see her knockers in full 3-D Jabba-slave goodness!

From what I've read it seems the series will focus on a young Luke, despite them initially saying the main character would be a minor character from the original trilogy.

That article suggests "Bounty Hunter" and denies rumors it will center on the Skywalker family.

Sounds to me like Boba Fett and or family or brethren.

Oh, and Lucas is apparently going back to the well again with rereleases in the next couple of years, this time with 3-D versions, when there are enough 3-d theatres to make it worth while. I wonder if he'll make any more changes ;)

Well that won't generate any more cash from this Star Wars fan ... since I can't watch 3D movies anymore.

I watched a Star Wars documentary on the Murdoch owned Sky in the UK, it was an offical Lucasarts production about the whole trilogy. At the end, they interviewed Lucas, saying it will be about minor characters from the trilogy and some from the comics. he would not say which, but they showed a montage including Boba Fett, the Kaminoians, some Jedi and some Bounty Hunters. I'd like a jedi version of the A Team, in which Jedi on the run travel the galaxy doing good and helping out chicks with wierd hair, hunted by Vader and Fett.

R. Mcquarrie has also stated it will be between III and IV. I think a 'Young Luke' series would suck.

Lucas also requested that Dark Horse re-write the end of one of their comics to ensure a popular character (Quinlan Voss, who was supossed to cameo in Ep3) does not die.

The live action TV series is due in 2009, but before that we will get more Clone Wars cartoons, this time rendered in 3D as oppossed to Cel animation. The originals rocked, and Lucas has a new animation studio in the far east to do this.

There will be probably 3D versions of the OT , so get your cardboard specs ready! Apparently, Lucas was shown five minutes from the start of EPIV re-done in 3D and was immediately sold. This could be quite cool.

Most of this came from www.theforce.net, and various other places on the web. My head is still so full of Sar Wars rumors (and not PHP functions, damit) that I can remember this shit.

And yeah, despite my fanboy knowledge I'm still all Star Wars'ed out as well. Maybe by 2009 that will be different though.

Meanwhile, just give me Indy 4 you hairy strange voiced man!!!!! :D

Well that won't generate any more cash from this Star Wars fan ... since I can't watch 3D movies anymore.

I am completely blind in one eye, so I can't use 3D specs either. I'm waiting for when things get truly 3D, where a head movement from me would mean I could see what was behind things and therefore get some meausre of the third dimension.

Or... wait until a bionic eye is developed that gives me as good sight in my bad eye as my good eye. I wonder which will happen first.

The various means of dispatching the executives were far more entertaining that the ideas themselves. Although the punchline/title for the first one was pretty good.

I just hope Lucas does not use the show to hoist another annoying character on us...

Even now, nightmares of a twisted fusion of Ewoks and Jar Jar Binks haunt my dreams. Well, not really but the thought is disturbing

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back