• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

questions on the babylon 5 rpg's and ccg...

questions on the babylon 5 rpg\'s and ccg...

are these sources monitored by JMS at all? are they canon? i was just wondering since the new rpg books from mongoose give dates for the tv series and other events.

do the babylon 5 wars minitures game or the ccg give any info that isn't covered anywhere else, like new events or species?

Re: questions on the babylon 5 rpg\'s and ccg...

I'm pretty sure all material from the Mongoose RPG has to be approved by Warner and JMS. I know the authors have been in contact with JMS so some of the material is cannon, and the rest is their own ideas but approved by JMS.

The only new information I got from B5:CCG was from the Wheel of Fire set with some stuff about the Drakh I didn't know (and I don't believe it was addressed on screen.) But I know Precedence had extensive 'face-time' with JMS and other writers to get the CCG as faithful as possible. This, of course, produced mixed results about how the gameplay turned out. The B5:CCG is definitely role-playing with cards and Diplomacy all rolled into one. You can have great games, and you can 6 hour slug-fests with 5 players who are like zombies near the end.

But it is kinda cool when you have Sheridan replace Sinclair, John die and come back, get promoted to President and fight a Drakh/Centauri alliance while Bester messes with everyone, G'Kar sides with the Vorlons and Delenn leads the Rangers all in one - HUGE game.

We have the main RPG book at home but Im hoping to get the Minbari one and a few of the other series ones. As for the CCG is that the Card game if so We have that at home to because I brought my other half a big pak of something like 15boosters for 10squid. Quiet cook. Now just waiting for Final Fantasy (our resident place for all RPG and Gaming other than computer bits) to get the card game in. :D

AD, before someone rips in here... some people seem to have a big pet peeve about the spelling of "Minbari".

Although Minibari has always been my personal favorite. :D

My defence is Im Blonde! Im an English Blonde. Thats my defence! :LOL: Plus I cba to look for a page. Imbrowsing @ work and 1 page is enough!

The CCG is (or was) bizzarely on sale in my local Waterstones in Picadilly. (local to were I work that is, not live!) I've not seen it much elsewhere.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back