• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS and Jeremiah.

dencor

Regular
I had watched a few episodes of Jeremiah on SciFi Channel sometime back and liked what I saw so recently I bought the season 1 boxset. After watching the first episode and listening to JMS on the extra features I remembered reading somewhere that Jeremiah was a bad experience for JMS. Can anyone give me some information on this ? Did JMS go into details on what made the situation so bad ? It looks like a great show and I am curious. DId this lead to him leaving the show and why it never continued past a second season ?

Also any chance of season 2 being released on dvd anytime soon. I take it season one was released a couple years ago so what is the hold up ? Anyone know ?

thanks
dennis

Last edited:
Basically, season 2 will not be released till JMS and MGM stop hating each other's guts. Which isn't happening anytime soon. Season 2 was quite good too - pity it ended there, but there was some closure, at least. JMS was quite happy with Jeremiah from a creative point of view, but left the show because the studio was being such a huge pain in the butt that it wasn't worth it for him anymore. He has, since, not skipped many opportunities to trash MGM. I am not sure what the nature of these disagreements were, but I believe it was, like with Crusade, that the studio was meddling - demanding changes to the nature of the show that JMS considered studip, second-guessing his every move, etc.

Basically, season 2 will not be released till JMS and MGM stop hating each other's guts. Which isn't happening anytime soon. Season 2 was quite good too - pity it ended there, but there was some closure, at least. JMS was quite happy with Jeremiah from a creative point of view, but left the show because the studio was being such a huge pain in the butt that it wasn't worth it for him anymore. He has, since, not skipped many opportunities to trash MGM. I am not sure what the nature of these disagreements were, but I believe it was, like with Crusade, that the studio was meddling - demanding changes to the nature of the show that JMS considered studip, second-guessing his every move, etc.

JMS and MGM may hate each other but it must be real bad if that is the only reason MGM has not released season 2 yet. Hollywood is after all, money driven and if there is money to be made, I do not think the big studios care so much about a grudge against an individual. My guess is that sales for season 1 were not to good and its a shame.

Latest posts

Members online

Back