• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

John Copeland

dencor

Regular
Does anyone know why John Copeland was not involved with TLT. Was he even asked to be a part of the production team ? Just curious and is he currently involved in any projects.

thanks
dennis

Given that TLT was filmed in Canada, it may not have been feasable to have him involved. Canada has laws about what percentages of cast and crew have to be Canadians. As far as I know, he's mainly done TV documentaries recently. The most recent I remember was "The Science of Star Wars".

Jan

That aside, it appears that he and JMS had some kind of falling out at some point, so who knows whether his involvement in any future B5 projects is on the radar.

Yes, JMS mentioned in one of the script books that he and John Copeland had had a falling out during Crusade and didn't speak until the day of Richard Biggs' funeral. No telling if they reconciled after that or not or whether JMS would ever want him on any future productions. And...not really any of our business, either.

Jan

Thanks. Did JMS give any detail about what happened and
has John Copeland said anything about the rift between the two.
I thought John had so much to do with the look and feel of B5 and it would be great to see his input in future dvds.

thanks
dennis

Thanks. Did JMS give any detail about what happened and
has John Copeland said anything about the rift between the two.

Not that I recall ... and, frankly I would have been disappointed if they had. It really isn't done go airing stuff like that in the public domain, particularly if would like to heal the rift at some point.

Back