• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Spiderman 3 Villain Rumors from SciFi.com

Sindatur

Regular
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?category=0&id=32321

Spidey 3 Villains Revealed?

FreezeDriedMovies reported a rumor about the identities of the three villains in Sam Raimi's upcoming third Spider-Man movie. The villains will be played by Topher Grace, Thomas Haden Church and James Franco.

Citing anonymous sources, the site reported the following spoilers: Grace will play Venom, Haden Church will play Sandman and Franco will play Hobgoblin (not Green Goblin II, as expected). All are well-known villains from the Marvel Comics franchise.

I call BS. Venom deserves a movie himself, mixing it in with the Hob-goblin would ruin a movie. It was this kind of rubbish that killed the Batman franchise.

What I liked about the spidey films so far is that we've had just one major villain at a time, so the plot can focus on Peter Parker. As an addictive reader of Ultimate Spiderman, on which the movies are heavily based, I think the Parker elements are more important to the story than much of the superhero stuff, it also helps to keep that key female demographic.

Totally off-topic ...

darth, you are cropping up on just about every thread I read at the moment (nothing wrong with that BTW), and I can't hold it in any longer ...

Your avatar - who is she?

:D

I call BS. Venom deserves a movie himself, mixing it in with the Hob-goblin would ruin a movie. It was this kind of rubbish that killed the Batman franchise.

And they had only two villains in each didn't they?

I was hoping that this movie would just have Harry as whichever goblin they chose and no other villains so that they could wrap up the loose trilogy of the Peter/Harry relationship that has developed over the first two movies.

Maybe Venom only has a small role, just his creation which might be the springboard for the next film that centres around Venom?

Otherwise it's going to get pretty crowded if they have all three villains in a big role.

Totally off-topic ...

darth, you are cropping up on just about every thread I read at the moment (nothing wrong with that BTW), and I can't hold it in any longer ...

Your avatar - who is she?

:D

Work is in a slow patch bet ween projects, i'm waiting on various things to happen. Then it will go mad again..

Shes some hot russian actress whose name escapes me right now, check this thread for photos and links. Very cute indeed and a great talent as well... saw her in Goodbye Lenin and got all gooy and horny at once, which is rare...

http://www.b5tv.com/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/316088/page/0/fpart/5/vc/1

Anyhow, back to spidey

The last Schumacher one had Bain, Mr. Freeze, and Poison Ivy.

They also kept adding sidekicks so Batman got about five minutes of screen time, three devoted to longing but and nipple shots.

The last Schumacher one had Bain, Mr. Freeze, and Poison Ivy.

They also kept adding sidekicks so Batman got about five minutes of screen time, three devoted to longing but and nipple shots.

Ah right. After watching Batman Forever (first time I ever saw a movie in a drive-in cinema, I was in Trinidad at the time) I avoided Batman & Robin like the plague.

Hmm, two villains. I hope they keep it locked down, espcially with Venom. Venoms a great concept, but i'm not sure how well it will translate to the screen. I also really expected the Green Goblin to be the focus of this movie. Bah....

Isn't Venom an alien or something? That may look really corny on the big screen.

I suddenly feel the comic book geek in me coming out. Venom started way back in Marvel Secret Wars #8 where Earth's mightiest heroes and villians where sent to a planet to fight it out. During a battle Spiderman's costume was ruined and he was told that there was a room that held a machine that would repair his comstume just by thought alone. When he went to the machine (which turned out to be the wrong one) he got a new costume but it was black with a white spider ont he front. It was a symbiote and could respond to Parker's thought; even transforming into normal street clothes and alievating the need for a costume underneath.

My guess is that in the movie, someone will create the symbiote in a lab and Parker will come into contact with it. However Venom is such a deep story that I dont see how they could do it justice in one movie, especially if there are 2 villians.

Yeah, Secret Wars, the black costume saga.... ahh, 80's marvel heaven!

In the wicked Ultimate Spideman retelling its a symbiotic bios-suit based on Peter Parkers' and Eddie Brocks' father's DNA that was deisgned to cure cancer, but goes inevitably wrong...(why these people do not have ethical tribunals is beyond me...)

The films have taken a lot from this series, I think they'll go this way too...

GKar is probably thinking of the 90's cartoon. This and the X-Men cartoon from the same era is where all of my comic book knowledge comes from, at least where Marvel is concerned.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back