• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

EpDis: Signs And Portents

Favorite recurring character: Season 2

• C -- Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D -- Poor

• F -- Failure

• Total voters
Well, my first post was a mathematical analysis of special die, that act kind of like Rock paper scissors to proof NorrinRadd wrong, and "broke Looney's brain" along the way, so I've been the assassin of joy at least in some sense :p

In fairness breaking "Looney's brain" is not a tremendously difficult task and therefore does not rank as a high magnitude transgression. .............. ;) :LOL: ;)

I watched JMS's sync-up commentary for Signs and Portents today, and he said that Lady Morella's "You must save the eye that does not see" was referring to the Centauri Eye in this episode. I'm puzzled now, because Lady Morella said Londo had already wasted two chances and had three left, the first of which was "save the eye that does not see". How can that be the Centauri Eye when that was in the past by that stage – wouldn't Lady Morella's prophecy pertain instead to some event that takes place after Point of No Return?

I'm not sure what Londo did wrong in his handling of the Eye. The Centauri government had arranged for Lord Kiro to come and collect it, and that's what happened. It was Kiro who was at fault. Sinclair does point out that Londo should have mentioned the Eye on the ship's manifest, but would a piece of paperwork really be one of the main drivers of Londo's downfall?

I'd have thought that his two chances that he'd already wasted by the time of Point of No Return were the attacks he arranged in Quadrant 37 and Quadrant 14.

I'm pretty sure that he was misremembering since the Centauri Eye was *before* lady Morella's visit, wasn't it?. He's said before that it was G'Kar's eye and even eye/I, meaning Mollari

I'm pretty sure that he was misremembering since the Centauri Eye was *before* lady Morella's visit, wasn't it?. He's said before that it was G'Kar's eye and even eye/I, meaning Mollari

I do believe there's a JMS quote out there from Usenet in the Lurkers Guide stating that the "Eye that does not see" was GKar's Eye. The "Eye that does not see Cartagia's greatness".

I do believe there's a JMS quote out there from Usenet in the Lurkers Guide stating that the "Eye that does not see" was GKar's Eye. The "Eye that does not see Cartagia's greatness".

There was. But then he said it was the Centauri Eye in a recent commentary. Ah, well...

Yes, G'Kars eye sounds more likely, though even then it's hard to square the prophecy with what happened. How would saving G'Kar's eye spare Londo his fate? Maybe it means saving G'Kar, not just his eye. But G'Kar himself said he was in the right place for his people, and he survived all of what happened to him with Cartagia, technically Londo did save him, so I dunno...

I think I agree with Sheridan's stance on prophecy - next we'll be reading chicken entrails and tea leaves!

Yes, G'Kars eye sounds more likely, though even then it's hard to square the prophecy with what happened. How would saving G'Kar's eye spare Londo his fate? Maybe it means saving G'Kar, not just his eye. But G'Kar himself said he was in the right place for his people, and he survived all of what happened to him with Cartagia, technically Londo did save him, so I dunno...

I think I agree with Sheridan's stance on prophecy - next we'll be reading chicken entrails and tea leaves!

If you remember the words of the prophecy, I think it's more metaphorical. Not literally saving Londo's life, but saving him from "The Fire that awaits him at the end of his journey"...so Hell. It's about his soul, IMO.

Standing up to Cartagia and protecting GKar may have help put him on the path towards salvation. He didn't, and his path remained unchanged until many years later.

Latest posts

Members online

Back